I can see bolt mount on my AR Mk2

Hello!
I was traveling with my devices in bag sometimes and found that I can see bolts mount on the left side of AR.
Is it known situation?
Many thanks

If it was twisted/fatigued/dropped it could potentially explain the outcome, whether the origin is via design/flaw/mishandling is anybody’s guess, but support will be able to resolve this one for you better than anybody here. Whilst it’s ultimately/essentially a cosmetic issue it’s a bummer for sure, might be a warranty thing - the Gap is quite shrunk on the top of that edge too btw

1 Like

Deffo looks like it’s had a considerable ding? What you’re seeing there is the threaded insert that’s spot welded to the inner face of the front panel which the fixing screws fasten into. If it wasn’t like that before it’s as if the spot weld had partially failed.

On my OT MK 2 you can see the hex shape of the inserts above and below the screen; others have noticed them too. If fact there was a thread dedicated to it a while ago, It was like that out of the box so purely cosmetic. it’s as if the panel wasn’t filled properly or has has fewer coats of paint which would normally hide these manufacturing processes. My Kenton Control Freak has them exposed all over its body.

Same here :slight_smile:
Though I am more worried at some slider (N°7) not going back to 0…
Not sure if this can be handled by www.kenton.co.uk as the item is discontinued.
Will have to send them an email and see…

If you’re handy with a screwdriver you could try cleaning out the fader yourself? If it’s not covering it’s full travel it sounds like there might be a bit of crap in there… without access to a compressor you could always use an air duster (aerosol of compressed air)

2 Likes