I bought a beautiful Machinedrum

Which instrument did you make the pads / chords with?

Thatā€™s Digitone. Machinedrum does drums/glitch and OT only affects inputs.
Except - DN also does the Ride in the last piece.

1 Like

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

Damn, this is so nice!! Well done!

1 Like

Woah! so many great sounds in this thread! hereā€™s one I record awhile ago.
Machinedrum + Analog Fourā€¦ the piano is from Spitfire Audio

13 Likes

I love those high pitched glitchy sounds. The MD might just be the coolest sounding device ever built.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Great that you like the track :smiley:

Thatā€™s what I think too :grinning: Elektron really should make a new version of Machinedrum - and the Monomachine!

1 Like

Dude this is incredible. So peaceful and clean. Well done you got yourself a like!!!

1 Like

nice seeing Voltage in these parts.
peace

1 Like

Oh thanks for the very fine feedback - and the like :grinning:

Hey! good to be seen and great to hear all the killer sounds in here!
peace

This is using 5 tracks from the 16 different ones available and only three different synthesis engines.

I am also using some low frequency oscillations carefully chosen and drive the loop towards a danceable trance.

I am not using any parameter locks this time.

No external processing.

It is a pretty killing machine that can also sound really dirty and hard hitting too :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXUXJO4gjuU/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

2 Likes

Where do I queue up?

1 Like

Arenā€™t they a bit overpriced already?

The FM bd engine of the MD is probably the snappiest sound Iā€™ve ever come across.
I cannot believe how punchy it is. For some reason Iā€™ve used it very little until now. Maybe some of the Jomox drum machineā€™s have the similar kind of density, anything else that comes even close?

1 Like

LXR-02 Kicks for sure! Fantastic full kicks with character. Iā€™m using an LXR kick sample in my MD tracks along with some MD kicks.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a dub techno track I just made with my Machinedrum. The dub stab sound is also made on the MD. Digitone comes in with keys, bass and pad. Octatrack does scene transition effects and the chorus in the end. Only limiting has been applied in post production.

15 Likes

definitely going to have to try this

1 Like

I think the sound of the Jomox kick comes from a custom two-way ring modulation and two pitch envelopes, one for the attack and one for the body. FM can sound like ring modulation so that could be how EFM-BD might sound similar.

In other news Iā€™ve been thinking of selling my MD for years but recently decided to keep it forever. Itā€™s the quintessential digital drum machine.

2 Likes

This is why I decided to keep mine. I love how you can effortlessly create interesting rhythmic textures with it. After spending time with Digitakt and being away from the MD for months (long story) I appreciate it all the more.

2 Likes