Hydrasynth from ASM

Ya that’s a sweet feature. Is there any way to put in rests/gaps? I don’t know the proper terminology.

I haven’t figured out how

[I gotta get my Hydra outta the box somehow. I’m dying to use it]

Funny thing is I’m usually just 3 or 4 good hooks away from keeping an instrument.
Going to do a deeper dive on the step LFOs tonight, with chord mode to try and mine some gold. :hammer:

1 Like

What about build down. Put a roll out tray under yer desk for the desktop?

It’s a low desk and I have tall knees, so sadly no room there, either. Already have pro 2 and hydra on two rolling carts :sweat_smile:

I hear you tho. I have a tiny corner I can use, the open space I have gets mad sun and will scorch anything I put there. I wanna get mine out. No where to put it :frowning:

Heh…my Hydra used to be propped up on my Yamaha monitor boxes. I would like a stand. I would like a job so I can justify a stand. And a spot to put a stand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Suspended shelf?

1 Like

What about mounting to the wall? I’ve seen guys with all kinds of stuff pinned to the wall all wired/midi-ed up. A shelf?

1 Like

Already short shelves between the windows, otherwise… well, windows
And I don’t like the ergonomics of going vertical.

We’re getting off topic tho. :slight_smile:

Silly me. Forgot how good the OT midi sequencer is. Combining the ability to mute your CC# automation on and off, with HSKB’s chord mode, and bringing the HS ratchet arp in and out.
DNK can wait :wink:

PS, I found the HS step LFO way too fiddly to use as main sequencer for it.

2 Likes

We need a patch editor. I’ve poked at it some.
Maybe just an LFO step sequencer editor is a good place to start ?

1 Like

Agreed! Would be great. Something similar to the sound tower Pro 2 sequence editor would be welcome. But OT is getting it done for now.

2 Likes

is a gear hammock a thing? could be.

3 Likes

Is there a way to make the step LFO trigger the gate on the amp envelope with each step? :thinking:

Yeah, Just did a quick version, so i could write about it. Here’s one way, a dirt simple one, there are others.

Easiest if you use a BPM Sync with an LFO and an ENV. Then you can tweak Tempo to your taste.

Use the LFO in Step Mode assigned to at least one oscillator pitch. Pick a rate like 1/8.

Set the ENV to Infinite Loop (or a count if you like.) In my case i decided to apply the envelope to the Mixer for that Osc. Then make sure the envelope totals to the rate of the LFO, 1/8 in this case, or play other games with double striking or whatever.

You could do plenty of other things to vary this up.

For fun set up two of these running at different rates on different oscillators perhaps of different sizes. Muck about with parameters in Macros.

1 Like

if you look on youtube…there is this guy doing all this max or maybe it was PD stuff for the hydra.
he made an LFO sequencer for the stepper. maybe he’d share?

Thanks phaelam, i will look for that.

With the instructions i just gave, add a step 0 for you.

1. Take Hydrasynth out of box. :wink:
4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Wife compatibility?

huh ?

Even if they only added the ability to select different groups of Phrases. Perhap even by loading a different firmware. Then you might have a Hydrasynth Dark, and a Hydrasynth Pop, and a Hydrasynth Standard editions. But yeah having a way to create and load your own Phrases, would be great and has got to be a frequent request.

Funny, but the Phrases feature is a little like something on a “Keyboard Arranger”. If the HS was multitimbral, Phrases might be the backup fill, with drums, bass and rhythm parts. I almost imagine it coming from a trimmed down and disguised piece of Medeli Keyboard Arranger code.

But then “Keyboard Arrangers” carries such a stigma with many synth users. Just forget i drew any comparisons.