Hydrasynth from ASM

and Desktop out of stock :eyes:

1 Like

Let the wild speculations begin… :rofl:

2 Likes

The mild speculation is a small upgrade to give the regular HS keyboard MIDI Note-Off velocity. I’ve been expecting that since the Deluxe and Explorer came out, and more surprised it hasn’t already happened.

2 Likes

Very impressed with this. The oscillators sound like something from an esoteric eurorack module and filters sound spot on. It’s got heaps of character and can be quite grungy (in a good way) but can do regular analog sounding stuff. It’s closest I’ve felt to having a modular synth in a box.

3 Likes

You ever owned a Rat pedal?
Hooked one up to my Hydra and it’s surprisingly very musical cranked all the way up.

3 Likes

I have the Valco KGB Dist which is based on Rat, however was my patch not distorted enough? :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I have an original rat, one of the new ones and a JHS rat pack, a monster… I will try to connect it to my hydra, thanks!!!

3 Likes

Can you ever have too much distortion?

3 Likes

Kinda, but also - it’s possible to mimic the sound of certain pedals and/or make things sound completely broken on the Hydra, so I have no complaints. I would never say “no” to more distortion types on the Hydra, though :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

sick sound from just now :wink:

13 Likes

Latest sounds from my Hydrasynth, using the mutants to make some harsh sounds or add a little bit of grit and noise to some pad sounds.

10 Likes

Wonderful patch, friendo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you btw swap the Desktop version for the Explorer, or is it an addition? :slight_smile:

I sold the desktop a while back and then realised that was a mistake. Liked the form factor of the Explorer but I do miss the extra screens of the desktop.

1 Like

Drums and what not, Hydrasynth Desktop solo :wink:

16 Likes

LOVE those sideband formant components! Is that a ring mod, or just a byproduct of bit depth and frequency?

1 Like

Thank you! No Ring mod or Bit depth reduction was used. Also no Filters or Envelopes, but four LFOs :wink: I’ve latched a note and then changed parameters of the Mutants. It’s mostly FM plus a simple PW-ASM …

6 Likes

Ah! FM would have been my next choice, but there was a certain component to it that just didn’t quite sound that way. :slight_smile:

Nice!

1 Like

Yeah I had the Explorer for a short while and thought the lack of buttons and screens were a lackluster. Had I not tried the Desktop first, however, I think I’d be perfectly happy with it. I really loved the size, the keybed and the darker design, though. What a wonderful machine.

1 Like

was too long/big file to upload it here, so i threw it on soundcloud. Started with init and then did things :wink: Unfortunately, bad use of reverb (makes it sound like I held a mic to a speaker). But some interesting parts, like the ending.

2 Likes