Hydrasynth from ASM

LOVE those sideband formant components! Is that a ring mod, or just a byproduct of bit depth and frequency?

1 Like

Thank you! No Ring mod or Bit depth reduction was used. Also no Filters or Envelopes, but four LFOs :wink: I’ve latched a note and then changed parameters of the Mutants. It’s mostly FM plus a simple PW-ASM …

6 Likes

Ah! FM would have been my next choice, but there was a certain component to it that just didn’t quite sound that way. :slight_smile:

Nice!

1 Like

Yeah I had the Explorer for a short while and thought the lack of buttons and screens were a lackluster. Had I not tried the Desktop first, however, I think I’d be perfectly happy with it. I really loved the size, the keybed and the darker design, though. What a wonderful machine.

1 Like

was too long/big file to upload it here, so i threw it on soundcloud. Started with init and then did things :wink: Unfortunately, bad use of reverb (makes it sound like I held a mic to a speaker). But some interesting parts, like the ending.

2 Likes

Looks like a good option for a ribbon upgrade for the Explorer and the HS Desktop, may be the new Loom MPE ribbon from Aodyo. ( thread )

Heck for that matter if it is polyphonic and extra expressive ( a ribbon arp? ), it might fit in with the Deluxe and the HSK as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it - but I don’t miss it that much. :wink:

1 Like

Got to say i am interested in the Loom to be used with the Hydrasynth, and i already have a ribbon on mine with the HSK. We’ll see tomorrow, but it looks like the Loom may have a near complete MPE interface, and so that opens up more expression through the MPE interface in the Mod-Matrix.

2 Likes

clouds of steel wires …

6 Likes

Indeed. With all the extra playing options on the Loom and the MPE versatility built into the Hydrasynth, this looks like a dynamic duo.

They don’t have a video with the HS, but here’s one with the Osmose, and you’ll get the idea.

For instance a set of chords in a key, all ready for strum.

ADDED :

Width : inches ( mm )

HSD : 24 ( 609.6 )
Explorer : 21.9 ( 556.3 )
Loom : 17.7 ( 450 )
Looom : 24.2 ( 615 )

If you dont want your HS to take up precius space, cut it up :slight_smile:

Edit: From the backside

15 Likes

Impressive !

This is a reasonable product for ASM to produce themselves.

2 Likes

It’s for sale locally, for a decent price, but
I already have a desktop, that i bought from the same seller :slight_smile:

Worth voiding the warranty over.

Another kit option for Tall Dogs.

Is it still battery operated ??

I want one. Would use the Loom keyboard with this.

1 Like

Too bad it’s to wide for rack mont.

1 Like

It is still plenty small.

The keybed part could be useful too – maybe with an Arduino MIDI connection. Bit of engineering to do that but not impossible. Nice MPE minikeys controller.

2 Likes

Idk, he doesn’t specify. Nothing about the keybed. Mabye I should contact him.

Now if only the volume button was on the right side, then cut another 40% away. That would be the ideal size. I’d buy it exclusively for the Linnstrument.

2 Likes