Hydrasynth from ASM

great idea, I’ll do that.

Hey folks. Just got the desktop version. Really chuffed with it!

I’m having trouble creating an empty user bank. Basically, I want Bank A to be my user bank, and Banks B-E to be the artist/factory banks. I’ve tried doing this through the Hydrasynth manager app. I started by copying (I probably should have used the cut function instead) the factory banks to the empty user banks, but when I try to clear/initialise Bank A, I can’t because it won’t allow me to delete a patch from the Hydrasynth. It seems I can’t copy a blank patch from the a new bank on my computer. I realise that in being overly cautious, I’ve gone about this in the wrong order and created the problem myself, but does anybody know of a simple solution, short of initialising and renaming 128 patches individually? Cheers

I did this exact thing by copying my Bank A elsewhere then copying an empty bank over bank A. Don’t recall any difficulties, just selected them all and dragged.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. The trouble in my case is I don’t have any empty banks left on the Hydrasynth itself. For some reason on the software, empty patches and banks just appear blank instead of being labeled empty, and I can’t copy those blank patches over to the Hydrasynth, where it would have been possible to copy an empty bank (that has patches labelled empty) from the Hydrasynth to another bank. I feel like I’ve probably missed something obvious.

Presumably you took a backup of your Hydrasynth right at the start? If so, it will have had the last couple of banks empty. I think I made a new user bank in the software, copied bank A into that, then copied one of the empty banks over bank A. Can’t remember for sure though as I’ve been filling every slot with random stuff. I’m not the world’s best when it comes to managing loads of patches - I really should have wiped all the factories before starting, maybe there’s an option to do that or factory reset? Hope you find an answer. There’s a quite active facebook group where the developer types hang out and patches get exchanged, so someone’s bound to know.

2 Likes

I’m intrigued by the Hydra Desktop Version.

How many “tracks/channels” can I sequence on it with a external sequencer like the pyramid?

One, it’s mono-timbral with 8 voices.

1 Like

Ah, thank you!

Just so it’s extra clear to everyone reading. With MIDI RX set to OMNI (System Setup Page 4, #4) you can sequence up to 8 separate tracks. Also to be clear, this is an 8 voice mono-timbral synth – which is different than a monosynth.

Thank you.

So it can play 8 different patches at the same time on 8 different tracks ?

No it’s mono-timbral. Think of it like eight very independent fingers on one keyboard. They each are able to play different notes with different velocity etc, but there is only one patch.

So it’s polyphonic and mono-timbral.

2 Likes

I had copies of the default banks on my computer, but I didn’t think I’d need to make a backup of an empty bank. Thanks for the tip on the Facebook group, I’ll give the a shot.

1 Like

Hi @pmbmcguire. You know i’ve wanted to help you with this, but i’ve never understood the question.

Granted the ASM Patch Manager is sometimes a little idiosyncratic at times but i’ve never really had a problem.

So i’ll make up a question and answer that and perhaps that will help.

First here's an Empty bank if you don't have one:

Empty.hydra (237.6 KB)

How do you make Bank A on the Hydrasynth to be an empty blank bank?

• Power up your Hydrasynth, and USB cable it to your computer.
  • Start up the ASM Patch Manager on you computer, and connect it to the HS.
  • Back up Bank A first if you haven’t already done that, what is going to happen next will destructively change it.
  • On the right hand screen use the drop down menu right above it to select Hydrasynth Bank A.
  • On the left hand screen use the drop down menu right above it to select and empty bank from the User menu, like demo.hydra . (I’ve got two like this demo.hyra and Empty.hydra . If you don’t have one use the one i attached above.
  • On the left hand screen, the empty bank, select the entire bank. On a Windows computer, i mouse click the top left patch and then press the shift key and select the bottom right patch. Then copy this into your buffer using Ctrl-C.
  • Select the top left patch on your right screen which is the Hydrasynth Bank A. Then press Ctrl-V to paste the Empty bank over top. This will take a little while, so wait until it completes.
  • You’re Done !

I’ve never understood why Factory Patch Banks A, B, and C are not at stored with the ASM Patchbank Downloads.

5 Likes

Just canceled my order on the HS Desktop. Got delayed again till august now… :frowning: bummed. No waiting for the refund. Perhaps saving up for the keys as that one is more in stock at some retailers.

That’s a bummer, you’ve already waited 3 months !

I see a fellow Netherlander decided rather recently he wanted the HS, and boom he lucked into a situation with someone dumping theirs. (All just a couple days back.)

Pretty sure ASM is manufacturing them as fast as they can. Keep looking – Good luck !

Yes it is a bummer. It just look like a retailer problem. As other stores in Europa does receiving units. I see people from Belgium, England, Germany, etc receiving their units.

But it is what it is. So no rush.

That’s correct, that Dutchman (Netherlander) is me :slight_smile:

I was here at the right time and moment when Ben offers his HS desktop for sale. I will receive it tomorrow.

@Dani538 Maybe you can look over here, they claim to have them in stock at 20 june :

1 Like

Thanks so much for sending on that empty bank, Jukka. This should hopefully sort it!

1 Like

Thnx for the top. I ordered my Zoia there. Pretty fast service and it comes from the UK or Germany. But a delivery availability is always a Little hard to grasp. Thomann and Bax had a delivery date for the Hydra and both got postponed multiple times. So before I pull the trigger I want to be sure. Perhaps I buy the Keys. But first have to wait for the refund from Bax (7 days).

1 Like

Success with your HSD hunt, hope you will get one soon. It’s such a wonderful synth.

1 Like