Hydrasynth from ASM

https://youtu.be/cq0PL_zeI78

11:54 Benn & Gear

1 Like

I hope Benn gets his hands on one. I’d enjoyed seeing his take on it.

1 Like

i am loving my Hydra, although i still haven’t spent that much time playing with it. The PolyAT, ribbon and UI are fantastic! In my opinion it sounds great, and warm mode makes a noticeable difference in the overall character of the sound. Just one question regarding Theremin mode: I can’t seem to keep the Hold control to remain ON after I save the patch…i.e. everytime I switch to this patch, I have to turn Hold ON again. Is this even possible or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

This. I tried very hard, but that “something” was missing. Great synth but it didn’t work for me, only becasue of the sound.

And…naming patches. 5 minutes to make a patch and 5 to name it.

I feel the same. Theres a lot of synths coming out at the moment and they seem like their cashing in on the new wave of synthesists.

I posted a response to this in the ASM Hydrasynth Tips and Tricks Thread .

I feel bad saying it…I want to love the synth. So solid, fantastic UI, so many features, looks amazing.

But bottom line is the sound.

You mean the sound that was clinically proven to not sound the way you swore it sounded, on the synth that you said you didn’t like but mysteriously bought anyway, during some rip in the spacetime continuum between making two negative posts about it here, barely a day apart? :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey bud. Sorry I don’t say what you wanna hear. Keep ridin’ me if it makes you feel good.

(I can explain it to you again if you don’t understand what I said before)

I’m just paying attention is all… :wink:

Cheers!

Doubtful. :kissing_heart:
What else can I say…I fucked up.
That’s kinda it. Thanks for the reminder tho.

Hahaha oh my gosh guys. Really though phaelam, I don’t know why you keep returning to this thread to post about how you don’t like the sound, what’s the goal exactly? Might be inviting comments like the one from John, it does say “savage” right in his name :joy: BTW did you end up getting yours back after sending it in for service? Had a chance to spend any more time with it?

6 Likes

been gone about three weeks/month now. haven’t heard anything yet.
I’m still an owner, and will visit this thread. still hoping to find love in the synth [when I get it back]. if I cant…I figure out what to do.

I was just agreeing with another post. guess you can’t have opinion, disagree or even agree with people anymore. internet! :+1:t6:

Haha hey no worries man, not telling you not to have opinions, yours has just already been shared on this topic many times… Feel free to pop in every couple days and let us know that you’re still not feeling the sound… I certainly don’t mind! Really I hope that it wins you over when it comes back, the hardest to please always fall the hardest… is that a saying?

1 Like

ha! well … my desktop arrives on tuesday. i can’t be all elektron
now … 4 elektron’s and 2 outsiders (mono evolver keyboard)

3 Likes

Tell us what you think))

2 Likes

when i get it, i will. i’ll have to quickly access if it’s gonna be used in my current tracks that i’m recording

Benn seems like a very talented bloke (guitar , drums , piano etc)… he’s one of very few YouTube channels I follow…

V.interesting to see how exhausting namm show is.

1 Like

Had a play with the Hyrda in my local shop today…

They gotta do something about those jumpy encoders. That sort of thing is enough to drive a person crazy over time. Otherwise, it seems really well-built and sounds great. If they can improve the accuracy of the rotary encoders, what with having such an extensive modulation matrix and the recent addition of MPE, this could be my horse.

Here’s hoping…

Cheers!

1 Like

I can’t remember off the top, but you hold a button for finer precision of the knobs. Shift + knob

2 Likes