Hydrasynth as a masterkeyboard?

So I got this little nice setup with Digitakt and Digitone that I play with when I don’t want to use my computer. It works well but now I feel the need to expand this setup with more sounds and a keyboard.

I’m thinking of things like Hydrasynth Explorer, Minifreak, Jupiter XM or similar.
So the thing I want to accomplish is to use the hydrasynths keyboard as a midicontroller for the digis. I’ve tried this with a regular midikeyboard and it works flawlessly:
midi in from keyboard to digitakt
use MIDI A and set it to receive on ch 10
set keyboard to send on ch 10
midi out from digitakt to digitone and set ch 10 to auto on digitone

With this setup I can easily jump between the tracks on the digitone and play on the keyboard.

But here is where it gets tricky. I wanna use the hydra as a masterkeyboard. I also want the digitakt to be able to sequence the Hydra. That means that I need to connect both midi in and out from hydra to digitakt. I’ve had issues with similar things before and I wonder if it’s possible to set this up and get it to work smoothly?

I’m very happy with the HS Explorer. You can use it as a midi processor, send midi lfo, enveloppes, CC to keytrack…

And soundwise for me it kills the Digitone, also great fm possibilities. Further faster from scratch.

I used it with Syntakt for the moment. No problem for back and force midi, synced arp !

1 Like