Hybrid Digital/Analog Softsynths

So I’m looking to get a plug-in synth that nicely combines wavetables/single cycle wave samples with accurate analog filter/amp/envelope emulation. So far I’m considering PPG Wave 3.v. Also, Hybrid 3 seems like it might be good in this regard, and the Digital oscillator mode in Diva seems like it’s flexible even though you can’t load custom waves. Any others come to mind?

Abletons wavetable synth

3 Likes

Yea! I’ve been exploring that one a lot lately but haven’t really found its character very satisfying. I know it has the usual Cytomic-designed analog filter emulations but those have never done it for me, probably because the bar is set so high by the Diva filters.

I guess if that is the biggest issue , run it through an external filter. Could save you a lot in the long run! That or look into eurorack. Piston Honda Mk3

2 Likes

I have an analog heat which I love and use as an external filter for stuff for sure, but in this case I’m looking for something that will perform polyphonic duties with analog-emulated filter/amp/env per voice.

Have you looked at Arturia’s Pigments?

3 Likes

I haven’t! I got the impression it was purely digital sounding but I’ll give the demo a try.

Edit: Just saw it has the SEM, Matrix 12 & Minimoog filter emulations, my interest is definitely piqued.

Pigments all the way I say. Thing is a beast that can do basically anything, and it sounds really good

Cool, will definitely toy around with the Pigments demo tonight. Last night I took Dune 3 for a drive and really loved it, it’s my #1 so far but maybe Pigments will steal the show…