Humanity in peril, by Fred Vargas : the end of an era

Actually birth rates are dropping at an alarming rate, demographic winters don’t sound like much fun. The over population scare can be traced back to this guy Elrich, he made a ton of doom and gloom predictions. Zero of which ever came true. Anti human propaganda.

I agree though, one way or the other we will have to live in flow with nature, and surrender this war we cannot possibly win.

Solar Punk.

1 Like

where are most of the raw materials coming from? and where is the most consumption taking place?

who is benefiting from these resources and who is suffering from the immediate effect of these exports?

1 Like

yes, part of the problem is in the incentive of corporations and profit demands/ expectation from shareholders, stakeholders and monopoly of global economy.

Went to see an early screening of an Australian documentary named 2040.

Its focus was on what the world would look like in 2040 if we made positive choices utilizing technology that exists now…!

Its inspiring to have a solution presented that offers hope through simple tweeks to our current status quo. Changing a few focused parameters and our mindset to a community focused plan for the individual…that leads to communities and nations making better choices daily.

After you watch the doc it refers you to a web site that gives you an action plan based on what you are willing to contribute…its really refreshing as an approach rather than the usual over whelming despair and lack of suggestions as to a way forward…

Check it out, especially the part about carbon sequestering through sea weed farms. Gold!!

1 Like

If I could recommend a book as a counter to fear I would offer up David Holmgren’s Retrosuburbia, would need to be adapted to your particular context. 100% solution based and a very pragmatic approach to the challenges we are facing on many levels.

As always the solution to your problems is looking right back at you when you look in the mirror each morning. Yah MJ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes