Huge Props to the Elektron team!

In December I decided to treat myself, well really my Octatrack MKII AE to the gift of extra protection.

So I went ahead and bought one of them protective lids, with hesitancy (due mostly to what seemed like a high price for just a piece of plastic). So once it arrived it was a little warped and had a tiny ding in it, already my OCD was being tested but I let it go and then I finally worked up the courage to remove that thin layer of plastic from the screen.
To my shock after cleaning it all up I discovered smudges and i guess fingerprints on the under side of the screen :grimacing: :rage: :unamused:

How could someone let one of these beauties out into the world like this??!!

I made a ticket expressing my irritation and really wasnt expecting the level of customer service and care that I received. A VERY caring and helpful person by the name of Christian jumped to action and listened to all of my frustrations and made the task of getting me sorted number one priority.
A new lid and some other goodies were promptly sent out to extinguish all of my irritation. They even resolved the irritating screen issue with a quickness. All I had to do was send it out to los angeles for an expedited repair, they even covered all the shipping. Out and back to me within a week!!

However, when they sent it back to me after the repair, unfortunately my sweet Octatrack MKII AE box was damaged. Guess what?, they freakin sent me out a minty fresh box to replace it!!

It is rare that a consumer feels this taken care of from ANY company!

So I wanted to just take a few moments form my day to thank Christian and everyone else over there in Sweden or Germany or wherever they are for resolving my issues and making me feel extremely valued as their customer.

ELEKTRON 4 LIFE!! :metal:t4:

I cant be the only one, anyone else have a story similar to this??
I do hope so

:v:t4:

25 Likes

I sent my monomachine out to get a +drive added to it. a few months after they announced that they were discontinuing the silver boxes. I had a custom faceplate on at the time and they reached out while doing the upgrade that

A. they’d loved the look of the upgraded black monomachine.

B. Wanted to know if I’d like them to replace the torx screws with black ones to match it and a set of the newer rubberized knobs to bring my mono fully up to final spec.

I can’t remember if there was any cost for the cosmetic upgrades (like under $10 if anything) but yeah had it turned around in like 1 week and had it back on its way to me. The US Support team is top notch. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

great and awesome!!

US Support team - i dont understand why they shipped mine back to me in a way smaller box than the one i sent it to them in. Because I did choose one large enough so i could make a bubble wrap cushion around the whole thing for its journey & so the smaller one they sent it back to me with no room for cushionyness going on is what caused the damage to my box lol

i forgive them though - they resolved it and got my machine back with a new screen and also sent me out a new box

:call_me_hand:t4:

Do you happen to have the Elektron repair peoples number out in LA?

I think it’s kinda standard practice so things don’t flop around but yeah there’s always risks. my A4mkii box has a little smoosh but I’m not one to really sweat that stuff it’s gonna be abused by me eventually. I’ve gotten pretty good at disassembling my older Machindrum and Monomachine to reseat connectors etc. :laughing:

1 Like

I broke a lamp in my studio and scratched my Digitone all over the face plate and buttons. Got it repaired by the Swedish team for free, including the new faceplate and several buttons. I’ve expressed my gratitude before on this forum but the praise is never too little.

2 Likes

I believe that Elektron prefers to handle all support issues via HQ in Sweden. Best to make a support ticket on the website rather than contact the US workshop directly.

2 Likes

Yeah just file a support ticket. If you’re in the US you’ll be given the shipping info to the LA team

1 Like

I’m just trying to get a quote.

If you create a support ticket, Elektron HQ will give you a quote.

If you are impatient to find out about Elektron’s repair service cost structure, search the forum for, for example, “Elektron repair price”:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’d already made a support ticket and was told to just send it in and see, but I’m trying to get a rough idea as to whether it’s even worth it. Thank you for your time.

Christian is very cool. Has helped me out in the past as well.

Sorry, without knowing the nature of the issue and what you had already done, I was just giving generic advice. I hope that whatever it is works out to your satisfaction.

Elektron will tell you estimated price as soon as they can determine the extent of the work required.

1 Like