How would you achieve that mix?

True! Eqing is still important but I’m glad you get my point. Another thing is to give yourself time, professional mixes don’t happen over night. It takes lots of practise and crappy mixes to be able to get there.

Raaah … but I have no time! I need to suck out your elektronauts brains to become the best :sushing_face:

:wink:

1 Like

I think the reverb, on the instruments that have it, is very tightly EQd. That’s a good general rule, you can cut a lot of the frequency range on a reverb send (especially the lower frequencies) and have it still give you the effect of space that you’re after without it muddying the rest of the mix.

You can achieve that fairly well with Elektron’s combined HP/LP filter design. E.g. the OT lets you do that on its reverbs, as does something like the reverb FX machine on the Monomachine.

1 Like

i Think that there is a also something with an ambiance or blending reverb (lots of early reflections).
It would make sense in a minimal production as there is a lot of room for that…what do you think?
Anyway here are my thoughts on reproducing that on elektron box that has a single delay and reverb send, based on what we discussed earlier.

IMHO elektron reverb is really shining for adding depth so Let’s keep this for what it is best at, positioning different tracks in a “depth axis” using different send levels for each track.
Then it should be possible to mimic that blending effect with a single short echo properly EQed using the delay unit.
In order to increase the stereo width of that ambiance it is nice to have a separate delay time for each L and R channel, which could be achieved by duplicating, panning and micro timing tracks and send it to the delay.
You can even send that echo to the reverb to create an even more natural space.

Should work, depending on the length of the micro timing increments… I will experiment as soon as I can on my digitakt!

Cheers

[EDIT] : I think I have found a better solution for setting up that nice pseudo ambiance reverb.

Track 1 : your sequence without delay send. Track volume set to taste.

Track 2 : a copy of that sequence delayed from about ~50ms with micotiming (depending on bpm and desired effect). Track volume=0 and delay send = To taste.

Fx track : set a ping pong delay with large stereo width. Just one echo per side, approx 10-15ms between first and second echo.
eq it to remove unwanted lows and tame highs a bit.
You can send that ambiance into the reverb with is nice indeed. :grinning: