How to untie octave shift from patterns?

Hi, can someone help with this?

When i change the octave from the octave up/down button, the sequencer automatically saves the new position to the track of the active pattern. When I now change to another pattern, the octave will jump to the position I chose when the pattern was last active. Of course I can always go to the the zero Octave position before I change a pattern. But imagine for example I have a chain playing and want to to jam on top of it on one of the tracks, constantly changing the octave range. Once the chain loops, the range will jump up and down, according to the position in which I played during the last loop. I’m talking about Analog Keys btw, I don’t know if Analog Four behaves the same way.

I could’t find a way to untie the octave range from the active pattern, does anybody know a way out? sorry if I overlooked an existing thread, as it looks like a simple issue to me.
thanx

I haven’t try it, but can’t you just save patterns and kits with octaves you want them to have? I don’t know if i understand you correctly
Btw. I have a4 no keys, desktop version.

The question is, how to not save the patterns with octaves :smiley: in order to play freely on one track, the octaves only shift when i press the button, unaffected by pattern changes.

Aha, ok, so you wanna play freely and not determine witch octave on witch pattern in advance ? Hm, i think it is not possible , maybe try out option in the menu kit should not go to their original state on pattern change? Maybe that will stop octaves to change also… That is only idea i have that might work.