How to steadily decrease GAIN of an arp sequence over one bar A4?

Not the most experience analg4 user so maybe there is a basic solution to this. I’ve found it difficult to use the LFO’S / envelopes with 16th note arpeggiated sequences because they keep getting retriggered on every note. When in Free mode the timing can go off and not trigger when you want it to, especially when trying to layer other tracks with the same modulation.

For example if I have a single note on the first step of 1 bar triggering a 16 step long arp sequence, how could I have the AMP GAIN start at its full volume and steadily decrease in gain as it reaches the last 16th step. And then repeat, starting on step one at its initial full AMP GAIN.

Obviously AMP GAIN is only one example, could apply it to any setting.

Do I have to REC it manually? Thanks in advance for any help!

Don’t have mine turned on but in the Note page you should be able to set the first trig in your bar to trigger the LFO, and then turn off the LFO trig for all subsequent notes, allowing it to run the full bar (as long as it’s set slow enough not to complete its full cycle before the end)

edit: page 45 of the manual (44 for mk1)

But if its for an ARP sequence, I can’t edit (turn LFO TRIG off) for the other notes in the sequence because they don’t show in red on the pattern steps. I just have the single note on the first step which triggers the sequence… If that makes sense?

Ah yes that’s true, what happens if you put a triggerless trig on step 2 with no LFO trigging? Might need a length of 15, if it works at all.

Failing that, you could do it the opposite way, put no LFO trigging on Step 1, then put LFO trig on Step two (with no note trig) and shift the microtiming all the way to the left, so that the arp never trigs the LFO, but Step 2 will trig it, effectively at the same time as Step 1. Could work, in theory…!

Can you use a parameter slide, avoiding the LFO entirely?

Just tried this, it works!

This doesn’t, seems like the parameters of the triggerless step 2 affects all of the arped notes after it.

Tried a few different ways and couldn’t get it. What are your LFO Settings?

SPD 12, MUL X8 (could prob line it up better but it works)

Note page:
Len 16
Step 1: Env1 Trig On, Env2 Trig On, LFO1 Trig On
Step 2: Env1 Trig Off, Env2 Trig Off, LFO1 Trig Off

edit: in fact the env trig plocking doesn’t seem to matter, but that might depend on your arp, I’m just using default notes and up mode

and your lfo is in TRIG MOD, and triangle wave form?

I’ve got it on Free, seems with Trig it gets retrigged regardless of the Note trig settings. Saw waveform on filter frequency, depth 76 for my testing.

Also, tinkering around a bit with the speed, looks like SPD 16, MUL X8 will get you exactly one full wave period across one bar.

Not working for me. The first step isn’t retriggering the LFO at the start of a cycle when its in FREE MOD. And with free mode the timing can go off when you press stop/play.

Can’t parameter slide between triggless locks, so don’t think so.

What if you used a regular trig at the end of the sequence, but adjusted the microtiming so it’s just before the first trig, which should restart the arp on time?

For parameter slide? Didn’t work for me with 16 note arp sequence.

Hmm strange, and you’ve definitely got LFO triggering plocked to On on Step 1? (Note page, knobs H and/or I) It’s probably off by default.

Yea, and 2nd step trigless trig set to not retrigger, which is default.

10.12.7 of the manual says that parameter slides work with trigless locks. But not with the arp, it seems.

Even stranger - A4 mk1 or 2?