How to sidechain AR Kick --> A4 Bass?

As the title indicates, I wasn’t able to hunt down a resource that explains the basics of A4 sidechaining (manual included).
Anybody got a link or some knowledge to share?

Greetz from Berlin :slight_smile:

Hey !

ON OB, in the right column, you can choose for example : 1/2 > Track 1

then if you receive individual input of the rytm for example you can set one of them to 1/2.

Then you have to open the software overbridge control panel and active send AND receive on the track 1

Then on the A4 Track 1 you just put trigs, with nothing, no choice of input in osc needed. the track 1 is now the usb target.

Then you can put other trigs from the soundpool for example, bass trigs ?

Greetz from Paris yoyoyo

2 Likes

You mean only with the two devices ? A4 into AR ?
You can´t. You can use a LFO of the A4 to volume to achieve some kind of sidechain effect.

When not using Overbridge, I wouldn’t attempt to use bass from the A4 for this. The bass would need separating from the other channels, which A4 can’t do.

That’s part of the reason I’m wanting to swap my A4 for AKeys.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was trying to achieve!
Can you elaborate?
Cheers!

I use more or less the same trick to pseudo-sidechain on A4:

1. go to the track with the sound you want to sidechain.
  2. you need an unused lfo, select the “decay-shape”.
  3. set the lfo to one-shot, mult to 32x, spd to taste.
  4. set amp-vol as destination with a negative amount. I tend to use full negative.
  5. on the note page set the lfo trigger for this lfo off on all steps but the steps on which you want the sc effect to happen. Use trigless triggs if no note is playing.

Et voila!

15 Likes

Exactly ! Thanks @TBN

Forgot to mention:

Alternative for when the sound needs both lfo’s is to use env2 instead

The lfo trick also works brilliantly on the fx track for the external inputs. Can be applied to fx levels as well, to keep the fx out of the way of the kick.

3 Likes

Excellent

Need to try this
Thanks! :+1:t3:

1 Like

I wonder if a MIDI processor could help… since the Analogs can send out MIDI from
the sequencer. I dislike faking this. It’s cheap and fake!

Is the blokas midihub capable to mimic kick sidechain?

not yet sadly … but other people had a similar idea already:

1 Like