How to protect my monitors from my children

I have dynaudio bm12 monitor speakers
Where Genelec has protection in front of the tweeter, dynaudio doesnt
What can I do?

Tell the kids that they are VERY DANGEROUS and NEVER touch them or a naughty elf comes out and breaks all of their toys :rofl:

4 Likes

Sell your kids? Just kidding that’s terrible, maybe you could turn the speakers to face the wall when you aren’t using them or drop covers over them, it won’t look as cool but it might keep them safe

Tell them they belong to The Master.

C1F5107D-B993-454C-9934-DD0F596DD0B2

5 Likes

My tweeters were killed during a children’s 4th birthday party. I couldnt be upset because it was my fault to let them stay in the living room. (the monitors).
One year later my son (8 years old) admitted that he was responsible, not the 4yo party guests.
So my advice: don’t trust your children, regardless of age. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just spoke to my wife
I will sell my Adam a8x, my dynaudio will go to the studio (I prefer then over my Adam)
And I will buy genelec

4 Likes

I’ve wondered before if there is insurance offered for damage from kids. I’d gladly play it. I’m in constant fear of what my kid could do to my stuff if he wanted to.

1 Like

Ouch… tweeters looks like push buttons for kids.

I put mine high enough to where my little one can’t reach. My older son doesn’t go anywhere near my gear unless I’m letting him mess around with it it. Also using monitor stands and putting a desk or some other stuff in front of them works great as a deterrence.

1 Like

Put cages around them… :joy:
Bird cage, chicken wire, deer fence, etc…

Some kind of mounting to the wall?

and you will never look back, I promise.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the Child protection agencies would let that pass
(sorry, couldn’t resist :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes