How to programs fills?

So the manual talks about triggering a fill by holding down the scale button but no where can I find how to program the notes for the fill. Can someone help me out?

1 Like

Hold down the steps/trigs that you want to be part of the fill, and on the TRIG page, parameter lock the step (still holding it down) to FILL, and then release.

2 Likes

Great thanks, makes sense now :slight_smile:

does this mean you can only “add” trigs for a fill? ie, I can’t enter a whole new bunch of trigs to make a custom fill, just have some trigs that only happen when Fill is activated? Very limiting if this is the case

One hack that you can do is to place a trig after the trig where you want it activated and then nudge it as far as possible to towards the first trig. It won’t play exactly at the first trig, but I challenge anyone to hear the difference.

You can then set the first trig to trigger when fill isn’t activated and the second trig to trigger when fill is activated. In this way, given that you always leave an empty trig after all your original trigs, you can have two completely different patterns for the non-fill and fill condition.

6 Likes

You can also make trigs so they don’t activate when the fill button is pressed.

4 Likes

Hi. Do I have to hold the Fill button down for all the time? Is there a way to let the fill button play for all the pattern length?

Yep.

No, it doesn’t latch. (EDIT: yes it does: see below)

Too bad… That’s a shame. Every time I do this (using fill) to switch to another pattern,if you’re not super precise it’ll play the fill of the next pattern too, which is not good at all.

If you’re using it for transition, you might be better copy/pasting your pattern and removing the fill conditions, then you can use that to transition.

2 Likes

Hold down fill and press yes. This latches the fill button.

9 Likes

I stand corrected!

Did not know that, thanks!

This is what I hoped to hear… Great! I’ll try tonight
thanks

and, if you first press and hold [yes] and then press [fill], it will latch it for one cycle.

2 Likes

And this it’s eaven better. Thank you!