HOW to make slide note on external synth with midi machines?

Hi
i just want to try some acid with my new bs2, but i forgot how to make an ext synth slide…
i just remenber that it involved two tracks but after… who can help me please???

thanks

Don’t you just p-lock the length of the starting note to overlap the second? No need for a second track AFAIK. You bs2 must also be in legato mode so it doesn’t retrigger the envelopes.

Not with the MD, every note on the same track gets retriggered.

In order to play legato with the MD, the note of an earlier numbered track needs to overlap the start of a note on a later track.

http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&Itemid=28&catid=9&id=191551#191551

!!!
thanks stinky!!

bye

http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&Itemid=28&catid=9&id=191551#191551

!!!
thanks stinky!!

bye

Thanks for this info StinkyBeat!

:wink:

Hello StinkyBeat, great name;) hehehe

Regarding the statement you made above, do you happen to have a song sample where you did this? I was under the impression that it was impossible to make a slide note using the midi-machines on the machine drum. If it’s infact possible (and the outcome predictable) I would seriously consider picking a a multi-timbral synth to sequence with the MDUW.

Cheers:)

M.

Regarding the statement you made above, do you happen to have a song sample where you did this? I was under the impression that it was impossible to make a slide note using the midi-machines on the machine drum. If it’s infact possible (and the outcome predictable) I would seriously consider picking a a multi-timbral synth to sequence with the MDUW.

M.[/quote]
Sure.
x0xb0x sequenced by the MD, through the OT (x3). A lot of the filter movement is the OT, all the pitch slides is x0xb0x.

Below the x0x kicks in at around the 6:25 mark. I change up the slides and trigs by using 4 MD tracks and adjusting mutes, note length, and velocity for variety.

Also of note, many synths have a CC for turning glide on and off. If that is the case you can get away with one track. Multiple MD tracks are needed for legato. Some synth will only produce glide/slide with notes played in legato. Then at least 2 tracks are needed.

M.[/quote]
ure.
x0xb0x sequenced by the MD, through the OT (x3). A lot of the filter movement is the OT, all the pitch slides is x0xb0x.

Below the x0x kicks in at around the 6:25 mark. I change up the slides and trigs by using 4 MD tracks and adjusting mutes, note length, and velocity for variety.

Also of note, many synths have a CC for turning glide on and off. If that is the case you can get away with one track. Multiple MD tracks are needed for legato. Some synths will only produce glide/slide with notes played in legato. Then at least 2 tracks are needed.

Awesome!!! thank you so much for the information. I’ve going to check out the tracks you linked as soon as my kiddies go to bed:)
Cheers:-)

EDIT… listened to the tracks. Completely different styles. I would not have guessed you did them both if I was doing a blind taste test;) Quality work dude, I especially like the sounds and tones of the funky acid track.
Cheers,
M.

Thank you. Have fun sliding away with the MD’s midi sequencer. It is my preferred acid sequencer. I have thought of picking up a mk1 just to use for bassline sequencing. Great fun on the fly when each track has a dedicated note.

Agree! A second MD doesn’t go to waste. They are excellent midi step sequencers in fact I prefer them to midi sequencing from the MnM. Some ideas:-

• Each machine triggers a single note midi, and you can mute each machine (step) like a modular step sequencer.

• Have a shorter step sequence, perhaps 6 steps repeating while the 16 step beat plays on the main MD

• Set the scale tempo multipler to play triplets

More features in the MD pattern sequencer would be great, but a second MD covers at lot of those.

B