How to link sounds to patterns

hi

sorry, tried to find this and struggling with the manual

made a kit of 50 sounds but if i change patt: b1 to c2 (all using same kit) how do i make sure the sounds in c2 are what i expect if different from b1?

so for example if i have a hard kick in B1 and soft kick in C2 but on TRK1

i thought this was kit based but obviously not

thanks

Each pattern can be linked to a kit.
By loading a kit into a pattern, or by saving a kit to a slot, you link the current pattern to that kit.

Multiple patterns can be linked to the same kit (when you want multiple patterns to share sounds, performance macros). You can load a kit into a pattern or you can switch to a pattern, tweak/load sounds and then save as a kit.
You have 128 slots for kits in a project, so if you want, every pattern can have its own kit.

If you overwrite a kit slot (=save a kit onto an already existing kit slot), you ofc change all the sounds, fx track parameters, cv track, performance macros on all patterns linked to that kit to the now saved settings.

A kit contains the four sounds on the four synth tracks, cv track and fx track parameters and perf macros.

The sounds can ofc also saved individually, a kit is just a collection of all those things played by a pattern.

thanks schnork :metal:

so basically i need to create a new version of my kit if i swap sounds on a new or existing pattern , seems fair and i suppose that is why we have 128 kits and patterns per project

i am making all my own stuff to learn the box BUT assume if i am pulling from +drive this is also the same? the sounds/presets i bake into the kit and pattern ultimately plays whatever kit i associate with it

i am LOVING reload pattern - kinda like reload parts in OT

i know these things get repeated time and again, i have delivered messages to new OT users even though it is old info for us who are familiar and have many years with the machines

i appreciate the help and one day i will no doubt answer the same question for someone too :laughing:

If you want a new Kit for your new Pattern, you can “Save Kit as new”.
My own workflow: shortcut Kit + Yes to save the current Kit in the current Pattern, then switch Pattern, then Kit/Save as new.

Another possibility, if you want every Pattern to be link to a different Kit, is to load the “tabula_rasa.syx” that must be somewhere in the internet and save it as a reference project.

Last thing: of course your question has been asked by previous users, so don’t hesitate to do some research in this forum, you should get all the answers you need!

1 Like

nice 1 yes i think that saving kits and patts as i go is a good workflow thanks

oh and i did look , obviously using the wrong search terms as kept getting rytm answers

1 Like

Both Analog series work the same in this regard, FYI :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok so i did what many did before me, i got carried away and had 42 patterns built and now they are all buggered :laughing:

i ended up deleting all patterns across 3 banks as i could not get them back the way they were supposed to sound

i think i just finally nailed it after reading this and another thread about 5 times and experimenting :crazy_face: can someone confirm?

if i have a kit loaded and then change a sound/track in a patt: by double clicking the TRK1-4 buttons then i have to save that as a new kit or other patterns using the original kit are screwed as will now employ the TRK changes i just made, that is correct?

patt: data - i can p-lock any sounds into a pattern i like without worrying about others as that is just pattern data and not kit related, no issue here, if i load in a new sound the p-locks etc will also operate on the new sound also even if using another kit? kit does not change pattern data?

this is right now hopefully :rofl::+1:

AND OMG :metal: this thing creates kicks, i usually want harder kicks from synths, with this i am finding it harder than i would expect to get them a bit more tame :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey question related to sounds on pattern please, so when flicking through patterns the performance macros are always where you last left them the last time you were on that pattern, right, so do you know if there’s a way to set exactly where you want the macros to be when you trigger that pattern?

One random e.g. I have a pattern that happens at the drop, I will have left the cut-off up high sounding all bright (for at the end of the 1st drop), so when approaching the 2nd drop I want it to start with the cut-off down etc, but when I trigger the drop pattern again it’ll be wrong. Any way to do this without using a different pattern for every drop?