How to get 2 bars (2 pages) in 6/4 time signature

Hi !

Impossible to find how to get 2 bars (2 pages) in 6/4.

If someone could explain it step by step, would be really grateful.

Thanks a lot !

A search here, for triplet time, suggests these:

1 Like

It’s a bit awkward because, obviously, the focus is on 4/4… but, you need to set the pattern length to 48/48, this will give you 2 bars in 6/4… it just means each bar needs 1 1/2 pages, so step 25 (or step 9 on page 2) will be the 1st beat of bar 2 (if that makes sense).

3 Likes

If you use the metronome, remember to set to 6/4 as well. It’s independent of the Scale settings.

2 Likes

Hi, I would not use microtiming, but set scale to 48/48 and the metronome 6/4, or scale to 24/32 and the metronome to 6/8. When I program triplet based beats on the Elektron sequencer, I normally use a table with the correspondence of steps in my beat with the 16-step grid of the sequencer pages.

1 Like

Thanks. I think it’s working in 24/32. Sometimes the 2nd page disappears and I don’t know why so I just re-do the thing but that’s ok.

The metronome isn’t working. I activated it and changed to 6/8 as suggested but I can’t hear a thing though. The volume is maximum.

Any idea ?

Did you check the “active” box on top of the screen?

Edit: Sorry, you said you activated it. Also, the metronome is sent through the main outs. You cannot hear it when you use direct outs only.