How to get 0 latency in Ableton?

I work in Windows 10 with a AI Scarlett 2i2 they have Asio drivers. The sample

rate has to be set from the AI and can’t be changed in Ableton. I need to open the Audio Interface preferences.

I have a midi track with the OB plug-in so I can listen to the signal. Then I have 8 Audio Track which will listen to the 8 different Digitakt Tracks. When I record them I turn monitoring off for those tracks.

I have to check if with the other settings it works. I am at work now. But thnx for some info! Much appreciated :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Hey man, finally had some time to take a look at it.

It looks like it works. Most Tracks are on time. I only have one track that has al the non 1/4 hits late in like 16 ms. the rest works fine. Thnx. I can work with this.

2 Likes

…the only really good results with ob i got, were by using it stand alone…

using it to capture all the swedish hardware layouts as wildly free jammed foundations and then just import those individual stems to the daw and start getting serious from scratch there, picking the cherrys, assemble a real arrangement, was always the way more clean and better workflow for me…

2 Likes

+1 to this, I’ve tried different approaches for reducing latency through OB into Ableton in the past, with varying degrees of success, but I just tried this method and it’s much cleaner/faster for me.

I set up a folder for each pattern, then recorded my Rtym through the standalone app, with the individual tracks for each pattern in their own folder. Popping these on the grid in Ableton was a lot faster for me than recording directly in through OB and trying to manually line everything up to deal with the latency.

1 Like

The only way to have zero latency on recordings is to monitor direct signal before entering in the computer and recording it while having monitor button off on Ableton
(see pic)

off

1 Like

This may be a stupid question but how did you record the audio? I didn’t think those stand alone OB apps could record.

click on the tape icon and then select the tracks you want to capture.

2 Likes

This used with monitoring turned Off helped me too for reducing latency with AR, OB and Ableton on a mac.