How to cv control minitaur?

I’ve spent about 8 hours trying to get this sorted with no luck. I just followed your steps exactly and now it’s working. Thx a lot!

4 Likes

Oh man, 8 hours…but extremely happy to hear you soldiered through, congrats! A4 and Minitaur is a wicked combo.

1 Like

Shit is brutal eh?

1 Like

#metoo
I haven’t managed to C/V-control the MT through my AK yet, but one day I will. And then I’ll make a comprehensive step-by-step video (why on earth isn’t there any yet?), so nobody will ever have to struggle like us! Promise!

I’m gonna come back in a year and check. :crazy_face:

Still not there, but I compiled all seemingly useful input in this doc:

Anybody achieving C/V control based on this input is bound to make a step-by-step video :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you leave C2 @ 1v and C5 @ 4v once it was set up? Everything’s working great for me with those settings, other than the Minitaur being slightly off pitch.

1 Like

In the process of trying to sort out the out the pitch issue, I hooked up a synth via midi to the Minitaur, and got the Minitaur working immediately. Unfortunately when I went back to CV’ing the Minitaur to the A4, I was completely back to getting only single notes(no matter what key I press on the A4). I’ve tried doing the (Dobermate) steps again, but I’m not getting anywhere. Sigh

You know what - I just checked and I knew I had messed with the tuning but apparently this, or something done in the same tweak session, resulted in changed values for pitch 2.

Values really don’t make sense, but I remember I did the tuning part tied to tuner and had a sequence of e-e programmed to hear it working ok.

Sorry that I cannot be more specific :(.

EDIT: pics don’t work it seems, will try upload later.

1 Like

I finally got it completely set up including being tuned to the A4. I had used a tuner on it the first time I tried doing this last week, but no matter how I tweaked the voltage, the key was always off. I did go into (function + note) the Note section for the CV track and set that to major. I think it might have been set to minor. Here’s a few pics of the final set up process (please excuse the mess).

5 Likes

Has anyone done the latest Minitaur OS update (including the editor)? It came out last week. I’m a little worried about updating and losing all of my CV settings.

FWIW - I updated my Minitaur & Editor with the latest update, and I had to go back in and reconfigure CV on my Minitaur again. The voltages I was using before are still the same, but I had to go into the A4 and change them and them change them back to make it work. I did that after I configured tuning/cv with the editor.

I am going through this process, anyone who could help me out a bit? It took me a few calibration attempts to get sounds out of the minitaur at all, and then I went through every CV voltage setting I’ve found but none of them were succesful. After trying out a bunch of different settings I am now back to only getting single notes out of it and my morale is crushed. Any help is hugely appreciated…

If you make it, let me know. I haven’t been able to get it to work in 6+ months…

I just kept following dobermate’s steps (and making minor tweaks) over and over and finally it started working. After that I hooked a tuner up to the Minitaur, and tweaked the voltage on the A4 until I was in tune.

1 Like

Trying to control Moog Minitaur via Analog Keys

1. Am I correct in thinking Arpeggiator & Sequencer cannot be controlled via Midi on the AK?

2. Pitch & Arp can be controlled via AK CV - but I have a problem;
    I only get one pitch regardless of which ever key I hit

CV A is set to Gate
Should CV B be set to Pitch V/oct or Pitch Hz/V
& thereafter, how should note 1 & note 2 be configured?

Thanks

I’ve read your post, Thanks, that works!

1 Like

Great - glad that it helped!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moog Minitaur et al., opinions?