How to cv control minitaur?

I just spent three days pulling my hair out over this, but it’s now working. It was Largely down to my overall lack of knowledge of all things Electron / CV / and cabling having only just left the safety of Ableton. All those factors together left too may parameters and order of doing things in the air and it took bloody ages.

The breakthrough moment came after doing point 5 above, Calibrated cv via Minitaur editor by pressing and holding c2 while sending 1 volt, then pressing c4 and pressing 4 volt. I had already tried this days before but must of been doing it wrong. The Minitaur definitely needs this and it’s the cause of all the single pitch or low rumbling noises you hear before this is sorted.

Now working fine with the two extra CV outputs controlling Filter and Resonance.

Very nearly gave up, so do persist it is doable.

1 Like

thanks bro , will check , but what do you mean with the step 4 “note reset” , do you mean reset default cv calibration ? or what ? can somebody upload a tutorial in youtube or something ?

In step 4 I meant pressing Note calibration start and wait for it to complete (about 1 min)

1 Like

Almost identical experience for me - so close to giving up but soldiered through and got rewarded.

thanks for help man but this is a nightmare heheh

1 Like

Np - take some fresh air, pour a big cup of coffee and try to go through the sequence - it only takes a few minutes all together so it’s worth giving it a few go’s.

In step 5, don’t forget to hold the c2 and c4 keys down (respectively) while pressing 1 v and 4 v in the Minitaur editor. Maybe even press each key directly afterwards released again - felt like it kinda stuck and got right by randomly there.

c2 to 1.000v and c4 to 4.000v ? or c5 to 4.000v ? first you said c5 to 4.000v and later c4 .

Sorry, my mistake - it should be the same as stated for 2nd value in the pitch cv, ie c5 for me. Sorry for the confusion, I’m not at the studio right now.

1 Like

I’m aware of the similar threads on here, but couldn’t find this approach yet.
So here goes: Is it possible to program some trigs on the A4/AK and have them be “played” by the Minitaur merely based on MIDI signals, if so - how? Or is this only possible via C/V shenanigans?

Thanks so much!
j

@Mods: if you feel this needs to be merged - apologies, and of course go for it.

No. The sequencer does not send MIDI note messages.

Yes.

2 Likes

Hello,
this is really stressful for me, I start to hate Minitaur with A4, I initialized the mac, and obviously installed everything from the beginning including Minitaur are again with the problem of calibration hell !!! the KORG MS20 has no problems, but every time with this Minitaur I can not understand how the hell I have to do, I follow all the manuals, videos, forums, I can not get it calibrated. the last time I did it for luck alone I did not manage to write the steps because it’s just luck with this Minitaur and A4, I do not understand why there is not a person who explains perfectly a single precise passage that works for all without doing 300 tests .
Can you help me again?
thanks
Minitaur firmware 2.2.0
Minitaur software editor 3.2.0
note1 C0 0.352
note2 C4 2.353

but I recall the torture of talking you through that :wink: !!

this is clearly not V/Oct, which presumably the Minitaur is (you have 4 octaves and 2 volts) - I think you have to grasp the basics thoroughly before throwing random numbers plucked from the internet in the mix

as for settings on the minitaur I guess you have to read the posts from owners and try to follow the logic - it too seems to be configurable - unlike most synths

sounds like something you could perhaps aim to do then ? ! :thup:

note1 C0 0.352
note2 C2 2.353

This is right, it was a typo

What is your problem with me Sir.?
I need help not low-level of sarcasm
Thx

You tried this out? I had to try a few times before it worked.

1 Like

when I do it it sounds with the right pitch and I try with a tuner, it’s not precise and after a while it loses the pitch and goes crazy

long ago with my settings, with the tuner, I was able to have the whole range, from the lowest possible to the high notes, perfectly tuned. trying a thousand times, this can damage my minitaur?

I used for 2 times in this 2 year this setting note1 C0 0.352
note2 C2 2.353 but Idk I do not know how I got there. but it is sure, this was perfect with me, with tune, with minitaur for 2 times, because I reset the mac months ago also, and now it is the third times in this problem!! so, I understand that A4 does not send the right signal if I do not do certain procedures, but I do not understand what are these, we try with luck and not exactly.

I was toying with the idea of picking up a Minitaur to CV sync with my A4. I think this thread has scared me off of the Minitaur.

1 Like

I’ll be banging my head against the wall tomorrow night when mine arrives. I have the elektron special cable, but I’ve never touched CV. Don’t have a clue.

1 Like