How to change patterns via midi?

Hello, for me program change works but it change after the end of the pattern (16 to 64 steps), do you thinks there is a way to change it directly ? Thank

I believe you can change in pattern settings. Press FUNC + PATTERN. then adjust P CH LEN. I think…I’m not by mine to verify.

Thank you, you mean func+bank ?
I tried with func+bank
Tried to change use pat set to 256/15
Tried to change plays free then trig quant to direct
Tried a lot of settings but no changes

maybe something to tweak in these menus.

Hi. I’m pretty sure it’s the use pattern set. parameter. I’ll let you know when I’m at my OT later. I forgot to check when I got home the day I responded.

Use pat set determines how many steps after a pattern change command that pattern will change.

Thank you, I tried in chain behavior but it’s minimum 2/16 no direct :frowning: I think it’s not possible, I don’t know why.

That’s a common ̶f̶l̶a̶w̶ feature of the whole elektron line unfortunately. I won’t go back to the ̶o̶b̶s̶c̶u̶r̶e̶ technical reasons behind this ̶r̶i̶d̶i̶c̶u̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ safe behaviour, there are tons of threads discussing this ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ clever implementation of program changes.

If you want to bypass this, one solution is to use a midi processor :

• Each time your master will send a pc the midi processor will delay the pc message, stop the sequencer, send pc message and relaunch sequencer. Works like a charm.

• The other workaround could be to send pc 2 beats before you actually want it to change. It implies that you have a device which can do that.

This post contains some technical solutions despite obvious trolling in the first part please flag responsibly. :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you, this is the best answer. :man_student:

Behringer FCB1010 sends PC first, then CC.

Can the Octatrack also respond to PC that allow switching of different Parts?

No midi messages to change parts, but you can change patterns having different assigned parts with Program Changes.

1 Like

COOL thanks!

1 Like