How to backup digitakt & digitone?

Just make sure you can restore your backups. AFAIK DT.1.11b doesn’t work. Use the DT AU plugin instead and use the Total Recall - functionality.

Exactly the same here. Soooo slooooow exporting to iMac. One project running for 30mins so far. :frowning:
Did you find a better solution?

Is C6 still the only way to go?

Can’t believe it can be this bad to backup just 1 project. I’ve gotta another 33 to do!

Ok, found a Reddit page that had perfect solution…

Cello789• 157d
The USB only thing works!!!

Instead of taking 30+ minutes, it take like 13 seconds!!!

I can confirm this difference is true.

Solution…

On the Digitakt Midi Config set the output/inputs as USB only rather than MIDI & USB.

The difference, really is that huge. 120 times faster!

1 Like

When you backup a project, try to restore it (in a different location :slight_smile: ) to be sure that the backup is full. I notice that sometimes, some patterns where empty… did anyone have that too ?

yes, some random patterns are empty. (digitone)

Hey gang-

So there is no way to back up all the projects at once? Like the current state of the DT? do you have to do this one project at a time?

I may have some issues with my unit and may need to return it for another.

1 Like

There is not.

Yes.

1 Like

Thats insane! im 3 weeks into this thing and already have so much on here. Takes a long time for each project too!

1 Like

How long? If you are connecting by USB it should only take a few seconds for each project.

1 Like

Been going for 7 8 minutes now, yes through USB

Make sure that you have set OUTPUT TO “USB” (not “MIDI+USB”) in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu before you backup.

2 Likes

ok! thanks!

It seems to revert back to USb+MIDI when I leave the page is that normal?

It’s a project setting: you have to set it in every project that you load.

3 Likes

Hi!
I’m learning how to save my projects an using the C6, but “my computer” doesn’t allow me to install it. My system is Catalina 10.15.2 . Are you having problem with this?
I saw the Rick Tynez video which is great but I couldn’t go further.
Does someone already fogo this?
Thank you!

well, I’m sorry to say that Catalina is your problem. C6 is incompatible. I’ve heard that the next version of Transfer will do some of the things that C6 did, and hopefully between Overbridge and Transfer we’ll be able to easily backup/chare/organize our SYSEX.

As @Aen points out, C6 cannot be used on macOS 10.15 “Catalina”. Until Elektron’s replacement is fully ready, many people are using the third-party, free-to-download software called SysEx Librarian: I recommend that you try using that.

Sorry to necro this post but when you do a sysex dump to C6, do all the projects have the exact same file size or am I doing something wrong?.

Mine range from three to four Mb.

Strange, I did the first two projects and both came in at 395kb size.