How to arrange a desktop module synth and keyboard?

Trying to figure out the best way to work with a desktop module synth (Rev2) … going to play it with a Korg Prophecy, and sequencing will be done initially via Ableton synced to the Elektron’s clock/transport (either from the Machinedrum or Octatrack).

Currently my thoughts re/ options are:

• find another table and put the Rev2 on that next to the Korg.

• find a table stand holder that has it’s base under the Korg, on the table, with the Rev2 presented above the keyboard.

• buy a double tier keyboard stand

• go for a standalone mixer stand holder that would hopefully fit the Rev2

• something else?

I have no solution for you but I bet you end up going through each of those options at least once before settling on something!

3 Likes

lol true …

i guess the best idea is wait until the unit arrives then start making tunes, and go from there as regards furniture choices lol.

actually i’ve tried desktop stand platters before and didn’t much take to the idea.

thinking of the Onstage mix400 standalone stand …
although it would be a tight fit … the Rev2 is 54cm wide, and the mix400’s actual platter is 21.5 inches wide; 54.61cm wide.

if that option were to be chosen, i should email a store that has both products to ask if in fact the Rev2 would fit.

actually now that i look at the two products side by side as it were, there could be a potential issue regarding ease of access to the dials on the side. it would depend on how deep the front extenders extend.

1 Like

IKEA to the rescue.

Edit- there’s another shelf just below and behind the keyboard which has a headless mixer, h9 effects, and power adaptors in it. iPad controls those babies.

3 Likes

I have a two-tier keyboard stand that has the module on the upper level. Works great, sturdy, looks nice IMO.

1 Like

a two tiered stand could in fact be a pretty ergonomic choice come to think of it.

i’m trying to find stand with space underneath for legroom, perhaps a Gear4Music Deluxe two tier stand could be an option?

the promo blurb says the top layer is angle-adjustable so that would be useful when playing whilst seated.

the base level is able to accommodate a 7 octave keyboard.

maybe if a Korg 3 octave keyboard was on there, it could also fit a qy700 on there alongside on the base level?

hqdefault

perhaps i am trying to accomplish too much with too little.
or overthinking the subject before the unit arrives.
all i know is that somehow the ergonomics in my studio need to improve :joy:

1 Like

mine is just a regular X-stand with two levels. I’m sure just about any solution will do as long as the heights and sturdyness is there.

With modules and keyboard which are not super deep, you might also get away with a table or two IKEA expedit-style shelves next to each other. But then the ergonomics might not be as nice…

I love keyboard stands because the heights are easily adjusted to the most ergonomic height. If you do a lot of playing, its certainly worth it!

1 Like