How old are you and where are you from?

funny how i searched “Malta” on this thread and nothing came up before i posted. Now you mentioned it right after my post. Coincidence? :thinking::smile:

2 Likes

54 year old Swede from Staines.
Don’t listen to much electronic music, which is probably why my own is so weird/crap.
Or maybe I’m just too old? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

48, Netherlands (near Arnhem) - lots of musical influences, from progrock (King Crimson, VDGG), some freejazz, some modern classics, ambient (Eno ea), some Punk/Wave, This Heat, Autechre … made lots of music in several projects. From lofi pop to impro-noise, minimal ambient… also for impro-dance. Last years mostly solo at home with some electronic gear (Octatrack is one of them).

5 Likes

49 y/o in Ormond Beach, FL originally from Chicago. Married with one kiddo. I work in ESE education by day.

First concert was Pink Floyd Animals tour (cheaper than a babysitter, parents took me to a lot of crazy shows in the 70s.) Discovered industrial at age 16 (Skinny Puppy) and moved to Portland, OR to form a band that opened up for Frontline Assembly, Xymox and pretty much everyone else who played there at the time. Burned out in the mid-90’s, switched to D&B in the early 00’s. Been in and out of producing since then, on a darkwave and industrial techno kick lately.

Biggest single influence is Autechre.

4 Likes

22 in Chicago, Illinois. Major influences are Gridlock, Dryft, Cyanotic, FLA, Autechre, Azelia Banks, Goldfrapp, Evol lntent, and Underworld. Been a sound engineer for a few years, and done a lot of work with Glitchmode recordings out here in chicago. I also daytime as a robotics engineer, and the current career goal is to work for a company like Elektron or Roland as a Hardware Engineer.
Otherwise I spend a lot of time making techno heavily influenced by industrial, Dn’B, IDM, 90’s rave, and disco.
:cut_of_meat::pretzel::eggplant::clown_face:

8 Likes

Don’t know if anyone has been bored enough to do this yet. But I typed in the first 100 ages at the start of this thread.

I can reveal the average age is :

Older than I thought it would be. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.:slight_smile:

12 Likes

yES: in exactly one month I’m going to be 42

1 Like

Haha:) Love the fact that you actually did this:) Also, I’m almost exactly the average age - 36.17

3 Likes

Conclusion: people younger than 20 and older than 60 don’t play with elektron’s.
Nice graph!

2 Likes

Austin here too!

i never had a single Elektron, but who cares if this forum has such a great community.

6 Likes

Oh boy,
I studied in Lausanne for some time at the University at the German Chair… Loved Lausanne, was living near the lake at Phillips Bowling Center (Route de Chavanne). Also made many trips to Verbier for some snowboarding action… Aaaaah yes, love these memories, such a nice location Swiss is :)…

1 Like

yes this is indeed a nice forum, with or without elektrons :wink:

3 Likes

I can assure you it‘s even nicer with a bunch of Elektrons.

6 Likes

Elektron makes expensive gear.

I bet the AVG AGE on the Korg forum is lower :slight_smile:

Okay so I couldn’t help but fool around a bit more with the age numbers. I skimmed through the whole thread and wrote down the age, maybe I missed a few.

Out of 250 ages, I got the average: 37.660

plot1

But I thought it would also be nice to see how the age is distributed.
The standard deviation I got is: 8.219

plot2

Obviously it all somewhat piles up around the age of 37. But I noticed that the older ones among us sort of spread out a bit more, compared to the younglings. The youngest one is 20 and they’re all kind of condensed towards the average. The oldest one is 62.
Here are the quartiles:

plot3

Also it’s worth noting that the user’s ages are counted from the time the posted, not their current age.
Another fun fact; I forgot to count my own age.

17 Likes

Hahaha, there’s a mug in the kitchen in the office with “I :heartbeat: spreadsheets”, I wonder if we may be colleagues? :wink:

1 Like

Nice graphs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

24 years old from Finland, close to Helsinki. Got my first hardware synth earlier this year, latest acquisition is a Behringer Neutron (eurocrack dive is closing in).

Influences include Woo York, Artefakt, Blawan, Xosar, Cari Lekebusch, Ellen Allien, Setaoc Mass, Boston 168…

1 Like

35 from Berlin and I’m constantly under influence… :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes