quisnak the garbanthohav
garba the quisnantohav
the interstellar band
Evan Thorizohn

and basicly every type of space opera

4 Likes

ffs I missed this post.
thought I was def the oldest kid on the block at one billion
but I defer to your 3 billion years of experiences.

4 Likes

Slapp Happy! Heck yes. My most memorable gig in many ways was a weekender at the Santa Monica Civic.
First night;
Dead Kennedyā€™s
X
The Cramps

Second night;

Wall of Voodoo
Dead Boys
Pere Ubu
Magazine

Much of the footage was later chronicled in a movie called ā€œUrgh, A Music War.ā€

4 Likes

From Cape Town, South Africa.
55+ (3 kids: 4mtns, 2 years, 3 years) - We get lots of black-outs in South Africa (called Load shedding) and then you have some time on your handsā€¦

4 Likes

Columbus Ohio
age 45
happily divorced
listened to Sonic Youth, Depeche Mode, Skinny Puppy in high school but Neubauten really blew open the idea I could make music with anything. Started with a tape deck and Portasound drum machine and groaning in 92.
Recently became a Motorhead fan late in life after acquiring a taste for top shelf liqour, as well as jazz and Absinthe, IDM and java.
Maybe it was one of the Coil crew who sums it up, I shall quote loosely,
ā€œThink jazz, think punk attitudeā€

5 Likes

Iā€™m 47 and live in Lausanne, Switzerland. By the lake of LĆ©man of which I have a stunning view from my balcony.

My favorite artists/band are Boards of Canada, B12, Tame Impala and Thundercat to name a few.

No children and never married but a proud uncle and godfather. (edited after the following comment has been posted!)

12 Likes

You obviously have done a lot of things right, sir.

2 Likes

amazing view

1 Like

Yeah, the lake and the French alps just behind.

2 Likes

I have been in Lausanne for a week or so. Very nice place

2 Likes

43, Kyiv, Ukraine.
single for musical efficiency reasons (to have moar time & money for music).
music is my night shift, and the daily job is Linux system administrator.

started in 1991 in a basement punk bad as a singer, then became a drummer. at the moment, shifted primarily to finger drumming techniques for the rig portability reasons.
since punk was musically boring, i switched to industrial & 80s gothic rock. got into electronic music listening to Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Laibach. then in the mid 90s became a great fan of all those acid sorts of dance electronic, and then fell in love with goa tranceā€¦ and still there.

90s/2000s Ukraine was really poor, so now iā€™m doing the music i could not afford back in the days, with extensive usage of the gear i could not afford back in the days. late 90s/early 2000s were the golden era of grooveboxes and virtual analog synths, and iā€™m a great fan of the gear of that time.

oh, and my musical motto is:
live sound, even recorded, is always better than recorded sound

9 Likes

30 (:grimacing:), originally from Venice (Italy) but living in Paris (France) since I was 20.
Too many influences.

2 Likes

34 Seattle, WA. Its cold, wet and rainy here. :cold_face:

5 Likes

thatā€™s because of the Cursed Sampler

4 Likes

Hahahha what??? What a fantastic post! Is this you?

I can imagine listening to some BoC looking at that view. Nice

nope. i found it yesterday in some another topic here on Electronauts.

32 from the small sunny island of Malta (Europe)ā€¦techno head from as long as i can remember.
Producing techno for about 16 years always digital. This year i decided to take the leap of going into hardware and havenā€™t opened a vst ever since :smile: i love my machines and come up with ideas much faster. Have been finding it very inspirationā€¦apart from when GAS kicks in :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

52 - I was born in Malta, have an Irish Passport and Live in Wales.

Although the way the is UK is self destructing with Brexit I think we may all vote to become the 51st State of America next yearā€¦or 50% of the country may just emigrate.

4 Likes

Mid 40ā€™s, Australian who lives in Singapore and the UK- pro producer/engineer.

Mostly listen to metal and glitchy electronic music.
I have most of the Elektron boxes- just Sidstation and Monomachine to get now.

3 Likes