How old are you and where are you from?

It comes as no surprise that so many people here have fantastic taste in music whether they are in their 20s or 50s.

2 Likes

Iā€™m from Montreal and I have no idea where Roxton Falls is. That said, drop me a line if you need any advice!

(38, Montreal, to satisfy the conditions of the original thread.)

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™re not alone with that angle on Edinburgh, itā€™s claimed a few hearts and minds.

1 Like

Ah okay, Roxton Falls. I had to Google it. Iā€™m in Montreal but oddly Iā€™ll be in Suttonā€”~30 minutes south of youā€”this weekend. Jā€™adore Ƨa les Cantons-de-lā€™Est, youā€™re lucky and Iā€™d live there in a heartbeat if I didnā€™t need to work in the tech sector in the city.

Tbh I hoped I had been able to pull a Digitakt before the weekend as weā€™ll be staying in a cabin on a hillside near the border to Vermont and it would have been great to bring something along to jam on. I think there is still a wait list here in town for the Digitakt. If you need any advice let me know.

Moi, jā€™arrive! I am in Lā€™Ć®le Perrot and staying in and around MontrĆ©al for the next 10 days!

I have no gear with me, but would like to meet up! Sovietpop lives somewhere in QuƩbec too, you two know eachother?

Iā€™m 32 and iā€™m from Turin, Italy

1 Like

43, TX, USA.
Iā€™ve been hanging in Brazil a lot this year, and everything here from the birds to the music has been inspiring me. The artists Iā€™ve seen here are mostly reggaeton, mpb, Carioca Funk, or Gaucha (the Brazil country music ), but I draw inspiration from nature, so thereā€™s always something. Seriouslyā€¦ thereā€™s this bird here that just does itā€™s thing when Iā€™m walking my girlfriend to the bus stop in the mornings that is totally responsible for my latest Afrocuban Son pieceā€¦

Tchau

3 Likes

36, Reykjavik, Iceland.

Started messing with trackers when I was a kid around 8 or 9. Tetra, Fast Tracker, Impulse etc. had no idea what I was doing :smiley:

Been into making electronic music for 20 years, started with Drum&Bass but now turned to Techno.

Listen to all sorts of music really but I draw most inspiration riding downhill mountain biking and snowboarding, nothing beats adrenaline for me.

3 Likes

34 Michigan USA

I first started making electronic music when I was about 14 and it grew into an obsession. I donā€™t always commit to a genre. I float between elements of pop, jazz, funk, hip hop and techno. I guess the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Aphex Twin are a few of them that have really had a big impact on how I feel about music!

3 Likes

37, Minsk, Belarus

1 Like

40 - Dundee, Scotland.

Inspired by ALL music but in particular folk, Berlin School, post rock, shoegaze, ambient and Philip Glass.

2 Likes

45, recently moved back home to Melbourne.
Old school techno (i.e. 89 - 96 era).

3 Likes

42 from Antwerp, Belgium living in Berlin.

Actually also new here, no Elektron gear yet but interested and almost pulled the trigger on a few Black MKIā€™s. We decided to update our family piano (wife, kid), itā€™s great because I have a giant midi controller now. :wink:

I am not genre specific in music, if it pleases my ear/heart I am fine. I play a little guitar, and like spoken word.

T
//EDIT
PS: I pray for an Analog Keys MKII for 2018 - full with buttons/faders/knobs and less menu -

4 Likes

48, Gloucestershire UKā€¦

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m 205874 years old and I come from outer space

https://jeuxvideoetdesbas.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/plan-9-secret.jpg

Got a lot of gears, in order to play traditional folk music from Upsilon1 Hydrae : http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/potp.jpg

3 Likes

I see you in your ship with that helmet, and I imagine youā€™re probably banging out this tune:

3 Likes

35 and from Aarhus, Denmark

3 Likes

French living in East London, 38. Hardcore classical music training from 5 yo. Moved on to punk bands as a teenager. Discovered samplers and bargain bin LPs about 10 years ago, never looked back :slight_smile: 100% on DT

7 Likes

38 from Berlin, GER

wasted/used up my youth mostly in Tresor, SO36 and Ostgut, musical influence is mostly from that period.

25 from Berlin, GER
wasting my youth mostly in Berghain, musical influence is mostly from there.

:smiley:

3 Likes