How many times have you bought and sold the same gear?

I don’t mind the modular cables at all and find the spaghetti rather quite beautiful. However I can’t stand the cables for the speakers, effect pedals, audio interface etc… and tried to tuck them out of the way as much as I can. That’s one of the reasons I’m really keen on getting the Intellijel headphone amp in 1U and the audio I/O so that I don’t need to use my computer anymore and have a tidier setup for quick jams.

I’m on my second OT. Selling my first OT was my biggest mistake.
I lived in the illusion that if I sold my hardware and replaced it with a nice computer and fancy controllers I would make more complete songs and be a happier cat.

I was so wrong, selling the OT and some other hardware made my music creation to stop almost completely for 18 months.

But thankfully my mind is right again and this time the OT stays! :ecstatic:

Never sell an OT. If your the type of person to even know what an octatrack is and get one, your gonna want to keep it around…

3 Likes

Amen ^^

THIS ^^

The OT years later is still unrivalled…

Perversly and as we’ve seen before, the OT’s limitations are what make the little black box so damn rewarding… away from the P-locks and general Elektron workflow, think about how pioneering and inspiring things like the little crossfader actually are.

Steep learning curve sure but once you know your way around… sky is the limit. For me, this was Elektrons finest hour…

I sold my Monomachine last month or so to fund an A4. Ever since I mailed it out, I’ve regretted it. Last night, I pulled the trigger on an amazing deal for another one.

Life Pro Tip to Future Self: Don’t sell Elektron gear.

3 Likes

My brother sold his sfx-6 years ago.
We used to jam like crazy on that when I knew sweet fa about production.
I miss it too.
And I know he regrets it.

Can’t go back (echo)

1 Like

just did the same thing. Picked one up 2 weeks ago that was from the last batch made in 2016 still with the warranty. I regretted selling mine last year and was hunting for one used ever since.

1 Like

I own an a4, MDUW, MnM, and OT and each of these is the second time I’ve owned each

3 Likes

Yet another Yamaha TX81Z is being delivered today. I think this is my fourth. :blush:

Blofeld x2
A4 x2
Octatrack x2
Yamaha Wt11 x2
Sonic Potions Lxr x3
Monomachine x2
Minitaur x2
Yamaha Ry 30 x3
:expressionless:

Bought and sold OP-1 x3, OT x2, AR x2, Yamaha FS1R x2.

On to my 2nd AK and sort of pining over an OT again. But, I think the MPC Live may be the one. Either that or I think fuck it and just go back ITB with some sort of Push 2 + Maschine/Kontrol combo!

I’m picking up my second Sub37 tomorrow.

4 Likes

I have bought the MD uw 3 Times… Thé last one from thé last batch at a bargain price, 800e brand new.
I quickly had an a4 that i sold, as i found it too complexe for me. But i now want again a multi synth with FX so…
Will have one again, or à a1…

1 Like

Just bought the OP-1 for the third time… :zipper_mouth_face: