How many times have you bought and sold the same gear?

MD - 15 times and counting.
A4/AK- 3 times - don’t have
MM - 3 times - now have it back
Eurorack - 3 times with similar modules.
OT - twice

Bought my second Octatrack, about a week ago. Have no other gear right now.

1 Like

Bought a new blofeld recently loved the sound but had too many freeze/crashes it put me off so i returned it. Now regretting that or at least thinking that the freezing was something to do with unit receiving midi whilst powering on or ground loops. Either way not really acceptable for a new synth but miss the waldorf edge so much that i may be willing to work around these issues with another new unit.

wow same here, sold my Octatrack last week and just ordered one again. I had to decide if I wanted to go with OT+A4+AR setup or Ableton/Overbridge+A4+AR setup. So Octatrack or new laptop? Went with the trinity… Hopefully I made the right decision!

I’ve sold OT, AR and A4, eventually OT was the one I bought back. Have used and sold lots of gear, OT is the only one I’ve given a second chance. Took me ages to realise that it’s cheaper and happier in the long run to go for higher-end gear, even if you have to wait for it.

1 Like

i constantly rejig but never return to the old gear… i tried all the volca boxes and sold them all …/ a bit of an addiction went on there. i always know why i sell stuff… i just spent £600 on what is essentially a kick drum sound i couldnt get anywhere else from any other machine… a lot of money for a drum sound but i had to have it. i got the A4 and loved it… used it as a drum machine mainly - id buy one again if i had the cash i suppose

1 Like

freeze/crash? I’ve never had that happen with a Blofeld. must have been the unit.

I have the same synth drum machine addiction. If it´s the right sound, I ready to spend decent amount of money for it. Have you looked into the Hexinverter modular stuff? http://www.hexinverter.net/mutant-drums/

I´m trying to keep away from modular as much as I can but when certain hardware is only realease in that format…hmm…

MD - 15 times ?!?!? :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve owned the same Octatrack three times :slight_smile:

Also bought and returned my Tempest three times before I finally stuck with it. Will never let it out of my sight again.

Since my last post I picked up a 3rd DSI Pro-2, and a 3rd Elektron Analog Keys. The Pro-2 was in a slightly sorry state so I got a really good deal on it, just ordered parts to get it back to 100%. (kind of surprising for such a new synth!)

I’m in the process of selling Virus TI #3 and looking forward to a handful of firsts. (hopefully MPC Live and Nord Drum)

i would get modular stuff if i wasnt totally ocd about all those wires… im very minimal and simple so i went with the tanzbar… ive owned a couple of elektron items but wasnt satisfied with the bottom end and it really bothered me, so the choice was clear and obvious, the dancing bear! i would buy another rtym if i had the cash

the hex drum does look good and totally up my street though… maybe next year i will get a couple of rack items - cheers

recently i just thought about getting the Pulse 2 again. I sold it because of the more hard sound, then bought the Bass Station 2 and sold it because of it’s too smooth filter (to lame for me). Well, i since found nothing in between. Recently i found some Pulse 2 sounds I’ve recorded then - just sounded great. i don’t know how to think about it

answers?

Zero regrets on the nord drum 2
The sound is fantastic. Cc is great. Ui intuitive.
Rather than program from scratch you shop around the kits and copy/paste/tweak.
My music is much better now.

1 Like

The pulse 2 will never sound better. Check out anything from dredbox if you haven’t.

i put my eyes on this little synth-factory. yeah… you are right, but you know, they can’t save any patches and I’m on a very strange relationship with this kind of gear… (like with modular in general). i also looked on the Pro2… but out of reach - so i still hope Elektron is making a dedicated bass-machine, mono, with this new fantastic sounding filters found on the AH.

Yeah, totally agree about the wires with modular.

My first hardware synth was a Korg MS2000r. I sold it a few years later cause I needed money. Then I bought another (BR version) a few years later. I recently sold it again as I decided it’s really not for me (esp. compared to a Virus and Monomachine).

id end up ripping them all out… ive had semi mod kit and got annoyed by just 10 patch cables… if i watch a video of someone using mod gear i dont understand how they can handle it … i want nice clean pathways to my knobs and dials… im sure its all good fun building

So I’ve bought and sold the Rytm x3 in 3 weeks. Not because I couldnt make up my mind on whether its a good box but because I was toying with the idea of picking up one of the last new voyagers around.

To raise funds I also also got rid of my MD… the only little box I own is my faithful and trusty Octatrack.

I think I may pick up an A4 at some point to accompany my modest Eurorack setup.

FWIW - I too am a little anal regarding wires and a mess… but - after spending the last few weeks noodling with my Make Noise Shared System I truly understand what the fuss is about… its like an instrument on its own and so rewarding and enjoyable to use.