How many times have you bought and sold the same gear?

MnM x2
Octatrack x2

Nether of which I ever really got on with but I ended up giving second chances before selling again.

It’s like hooking up again with your ex…

9 Likes

yeah, best combo: call your ex, buy old gear again.

1 Like

btw, clavia nord rack x2, nord modular x2

1 Like

Broken up 3 times so far but we keep going back!

2 Likes

I’m curious as to why you don’t just buy a 2nd hand octa. It will do most of the things the digitakt will do, plus quite a bit more. I’ve read your posts and seen that you are looking for the One Box To Rule Them All but I fail to see how the digitakt will satisfy that need any more than the octatrack. Other than it is new and you have used the octatrack and got bored with it.

I hope you don’t see this as criticism. I’ve been on the same hunt for the OBTRTA and so can appreciate your feelings about this. Genuinely curious :slight_smile:

ON TOPIC: Sold my first synth, a nord lead 2, 15 years ago. Bought it again last year. Still bloody love this thing. Have considered selling my octatrack and tempest, but I just put them away for a while and find myself itching to play with them a month or three later, and I’m glad I held onto them.

3 Likes

I’ve bought and Sold a KP3+ 3 times, I think I finally learned my lesson last time I sold it.
I’d probably buy a Tempest again, and maybe a slimPhatty.

My studio used to change gear a lot.
I finally committed to a simple set up, and I’m not changing it until I release the music I made with that set up.

I have a close friend that has this very strict rule… if you sell it, dont buy it again. I find it impossible to implement :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Sometimes its so daamn good hahaha…

In all seriousness though quite a few have the once i sell i never rebuy… interesting approach.

2 Likes

I finally committed to a simple set up, and I’m not changing it until I release the music I made with that set up.

Amen to that! I have imposed a gear freeze myself until I’ve knocked out at least 6 finished tracks with just my NL2 and and octatrack

5 Likes

I’ve bought and sold the MD 3 times but every time I bought a new one it was an upgraded version.

1 Like

Stops me from selling anything haha

1 Like

You know, that’s very good feedback and I appreciate you saying so. I’ve asked myself the same question.

I think, for all the fun I had with the Octatrack, that the limited as well as direct nature of the DigiTrak will just suit me better. I prefer the SP303 over the 404SX, the ES-1 over the ESX, the four voices of an A4 over the 16-part 48 voices from the Virus Polar, and so on.

I just don’t want all that many featuers, just the right combination of them. I think a wealth of options is distracting, the right combination of them focusing. On paper, the DigiTrak looks like a perfect setup for me, in this regard.

2 Likes

Zero. Only music gear I can recall selling was my old audio interface when I upgraded. Strummed some guitars into the ground and somewhere have a bag of guitar fx that could use some solder…

2 Likes

@andreasroman has different eyes.
He sees mysteries in this new little box where you see features.
Where lies limitation, he sees possibilities.

I hope it’s going to be your tool, pal :slight_smile:
I don’t get it why you’re not into MPC Live anymore (I see it like an OP-1 ++) but I guess learning a new interface is not that interesting for you right now. Can’t throw the stone.

I am currently selling my good old Volcas, the synths that got me into electronic music !
I feel a bit bad about it, I must admit.

1 Like

Another high score here:

Machine Drum: 2 (nonUW and UWsold)
Octatrack: 3, I sold 2 of them.

And non-elektron gear:
2x Electribe ESX1 (Both sold)
3x Blofeld desktop (sold)
2x Electribe 2 (sold).

Fortunately I barely lost any money with this, maybe 300-400€, but hey, it’s the small price to pay for all those swaps.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Blofeld love

This exactly!

I bought my MnM in August of 2007, just before they released the mkii models. Slowly moved onto a mkii then a mkii with a +drive :grin:

You’re too kind :slight_smile:

The MPC Live seems spectacular. But as I’ve come to realise, a lot of features push me away, rather than attract. The Live just does a lot of things I don’t need, and the options being there, would distract me. The DigiTrak ticks every single goddam box for me, and I’m not left wanting for anything. And from what little I’ve read, every single goddam things it does say that it do, I’d use to its full extent.

2 Likes

A LOT.

3x Analog Rytm
3x Monomachine
2x Analog Keys
3x Analog Four
2x Octatrack (not including buying the same one twice)
4x OP-1
5x Blofeld (4 Desktop, 1 Keyboard)
3x Electribe 2 (Keep forgetting about the annoying menu and poor quantization of real time input)
3x Maschine Mk2
3x Virus TI (1 Ti 61-key, 1 Ti2 Polar, 1 Ti Desktop)

If I could afford to own it all at the same time I would, shuffling is the only way!

1 Like