How happy are you with your Rytm?

It is mostly the same. Major difference is the Rytm only has 128 values for Start/End points instead of the 2 decimal point system on the Digitakt (you could set it to 122.73 for example…Rytm is just 122 or 123.)
The waveform display is also nice on the Digitakt, but that does not change the functionality.

1 Like

But having the scenes and performance macros on the rythm let’s you do a lot of cool variations to your beats for each kit. I’m getting some gorgeous electronic stutters and glitches from playing with the loop end.

I would just wish there was a control-all function on the rytm.

1 Like

Overall, am happy with Rytm. It makes great synth sounds (especially when layering samples).

It would definitely benefit from the addition of finer grained control over sample start/end (decimal places as per DT would be awesome). It requires prep in computer/other device for click free results for looping or even one-shot playback. Guess this is not the machines modus operandi… Shame as it limits the Rytm’s full potential stand-alone.

While I’m on it…
It would also benefit for the addition of a hi/low cut eq/filter option.
And a second LFO…

If these two/three points were addressed (given its analog, hardware limitations come it effect), then the Rytm would be perfect (for me at least).

1 Like

Agreed. Perhaps we d see improvements in the sample settings some day but the other ones are not going to happen.

1 Like

Agree, sample start/end improvements is the most likely to see implemented.
There are ways around the other points.

On the mk2 you get fine control over start and end when you resample. It allows you to zoom in and set a very precise point to cut the sample by. Bit of a workaround but it does the job.

3 Likes

Agree, not exactly a simple process just to remove clicks…

I’m usually editing samples on my computer and loading them. So the need for finer control over Start points is mainly referring to p-locks within a sequence.

Then again, a lot of people use it as a feature to make sample chains. If Elektron ever updated this, they would need to include an option to turn it on/off in order to make everyone happy. (I don’t think they’ll update the feature though)

It could just be func + knob to fine tune. That would be extremely useful.

2 Likes

Are u keeping both the DT and the AR?

100% they each have a special place in my rig.
And are different enough to complement each other…i don’t use the DT for drums at all really…just the ARmkii and some FM percussion from the MC…

I have owed a lot of drum machines and samplers over many decades, all my Elektron units are keepers…

2 Likes

ah cool. Dont have the budget for both; probably better off investing in synths then.

I’ve had my AR2 for about three years now. Still loving it.

I m also loving that combo.

1 Like

6 year user. Still smile like a lunatic every time i use it.

2 Likes

Deep beast. Bangs crazy hard through the Heat

AR (Mk1 or Mk2, I’ve owned both)… Easily the most fun piece of kit I’ve owned.
I still have the Mk2… and it’s a perfect drum computer.
Sure, there’s things I would change… but as it stands, it’s the best drum machine I’ve ever owned.

Some more Rytm love here. I am very happy with my mk1. an mk2 looks really nice, but the size keeps me on mk1

1 Like

I’ve loved my mk1 ever since this video convinced me to get one. Versatile indeed!

4 Likes

i am not posting ofter here, so hi everyone :slight_smile:

i just recently learned to love the rytm. had mine now for over a year and always tried to use it only as a drum maschine. felt so wrong all the time because i was underutilizing this beast.

then i left home for christmas, taking my laptop and the rytm with me. i was about to sell the rytm after holidays if i can not make it work as a standalone setup. (and already eyed the tr8s as a replacement :sweat_smile:)

everything changed the minute i sat down with only the rytm in front of me. using the rytm via overbridge really opened it up for me. feels like the perfect compromise between jamming and producing.

i shape the sounds in the rytm and add effects (rev,delay,eq,comp) in ableton. mainly for mixing… i am still not to keen on rytms reverb and delay. adding stereo information itb works better for me…

so did you guys love your rytms straight away or was there also a certain point where it clicked for you?

1 Like