How do you keep your tracks organized?

Me too, not for guitar only, but I didn’t know how much OT could be a realtime mangler. Pretty complicated to use it both way (realtime processing of recordings + loop recordings of what you hear), especially when you start with OT. At first I think it’s better to concentrate on different applications like parts of a puzzle, with an evolving creative puzzle goal.

I don’t know why, but now I want to compare it as to learn a solar system. Don’t try to learn everything about it globally at first. Concentrate on each planet first, go back to the system and its meaning, then to planets and so on. New territories of creation for sure.

For basic stuff, I’m pretty sure OT is not the best. OT is the star of an unknown solar system!

No I’ve never been inspired by @Open_Mike! :smile: :star::sparkles: :high_brightness::low_brightness::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I just know these things. I’m also ridiculously organised; and have certain ways and means of doing stuff which no one else has / can do.

These days?

Track 01 Thru -> A/B
Track 02 Thru -> C/D
Track 03 Flex -> Vocals
Track 04 Flex -> Crossfader
Track 05 Flex -> Misc Samples
Track 06 Flex -> Misc Samples
Track 07 Flex -> Misc Samples
Track 08 Master

Track 09 Virus TI Part 01
Track 10 Virus TI Part 02
Track 11 Virus TI Part 03
Track 12 Virus TI Part 04
Track 13 Virus TI Part 05
Track 14 Virus TI Part 06
Track 15 Secret Squirrel Business 01
Track 16 Secret Squirrel Business 02

3 Likes

Samples, your voice?
Track 4 for mangled stuff, with CUE recording or something?

1 Like

Vocal samples / not live singing or anything.

Cues / crossfader transitions

1 Like

personally i like to keep all drums and perc on t1-4 and samples on t5-8. Helps me remember things for mutes and solos. lil bit more reliable to hit trigs 1-4 for dropping drums out.

2 Likes

For drums I usually use 1 track with plocked BD/SN/HH with lfos for slight variations, and an additional track if needed.

Ideally I want to make sliced drum kits I can use on 1/2 tracks with slices plocks, lfo on slices variations…

1 Like

Drumz:

Rytm is my drummer and I do loop based improv jams so I always like to have options available. OT sort of multiplies my AR into live signal, recorded loop, and remix.

On pretty much all my patterns Track 1 is a flex/buffer that captures a loop from my AR with a one-shot record trig. I use a scene on the left that monitors mixer direct for the AR and one on the right that fades out the direct signal and brings in the Track 1 loop. This way I always have two AR patterns going and can crossfade between them. With all my scenes I always have mixer direct AR on the left (1-8) and the Track 1 loop on the right (9-16). The scenes do different things but there’s almost always a version on the left with live AR and a version on the right with the loop, if I don’t want the drums to change I select both scenes from the same side…

There’s almost always a flex remix of AR on Track 5 using the same buffer as track 1 but all sliced and diced and whatnot. I also blend this in with scenes. So I always have 2 AR patterns and a sliced remix and I can mix and blend between just one or a combo of 2 or all of them, or just add a touch of one them with the fader. Good times…

7 Likes