How do you explain this habit to friends?

Beyond it being a theoretical i imagine there would be consent sought and granted before offering :wink:

1 Like

UH OH

Those sounds are a part of me. :joy:

To my musician friends I tell them I play with bleep blorp boxes

To my non-musician friends I tell them i play drums in a Thin Lizzy cover band

4 Likes

i’m stealing this.

1 Like

show it on the big system loud and proud make them feel the bass

Sometimes it’s REO Speedwagon. Sometimes it’s BTO. Really just depends on the crowd.

1 Like

This sounds like a good outline to a screenplay. Not certain but I think the resulting movie would turn out either terribly awesome or awesomely terrible!

2 Likes

I’m 45. I released 20 something albums on bandcamp/spotify during COVID-19. No one listens, no one cares. I’m fine with that…
My coworkers, who I spend more time with than my friends/family, say that I make ‘toilet sounds’ and that my music sounds like ‘a broke radio’. I’m fine with that.

14 Likes

I like “Pit”.

You might have more luck picking the very best bits of the 20 albums and putting them onto 1 release.

That amount of material is overwhelming, even if my favourite artist was putting out that much I wouldn’t have listened to it all.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear such an attitude in nowadays.
While I definitely met such a people (starting from the school. “Ah… your are electronic musician”, told in a tone implying that this is some sort of inferior music to 3-accord guitar ballads), my story in general is somewhat opposite.
Since when I was a teenager, everyone was aware of trackers, then FL studio, Reason and Ableton, so everyone around was doing some sort of techno/rave and hip-hop. So it’s even more: “you are making music? I know a guy who is making electronics as well”. No magic, no feeling unique :slight_smile: (you need it in some age, you know) And again with attitude that all electronics = some 4/4 banging techno/edm

1 Like

Spouse hears “transformers fucking” through my headphones.

I’m not even using a vocoder, i just like audio rate FM!

5 Likes

Hi, that sound strange. Has you ever published your music creations e.g. to soundcloud or youtube?