How do you divide your time between your gear?

OT arp triggering different NM sequencers, or better yet, OT audio tracks in plays-free? chefs kiss

Good gotā€¦It never ends does it? :rofl: My last experiment that resulted in insane, insane idm nonsense, was filling the sound pool on the A4 with FM drum patches and a bunch of other percussion presets, making a key range so every drum patch has itā€™s own keyā€¦and then using the OT arp to trigger that. Funky as hell. I actually havenā€™t gotten into plays free yet, but , wellā€¦ next

1 Like

Honestly, thatā€™s why I like these machines so much. You can sample or make percussion sounds or traditional synth patches with many, many different instruments, but thereā€™s something about the wide range of possibilities with Elektronā€™s and how theyā€™re designed.

Thereā€™s always something new to try out if youā€™re willing to look, and you donā€™t need to program a Reaktor, or Max, or Pure Data patch to get really interesting and unique results.

For me the biggest issue has been keeping focused enough to try those things, and not just plunk around with the same patches, and, taking it back to the point of this thread, is part of how I keep dividing my time. Once I find myself just playing back the same stuff, I switch it up and go in a different direction.

1 Like