Lack of Individual Outputs or Overbridge on OT

You should try the OP-Z.

Edit: posted this before I realized how old the thread is.

Wondering if I can somehow get all 8 tracks individually out of octatrack to use a analog mixer to get individual lines for FOH. Can it be IE Cues Tracks 3/4 Master 1/2? Even better can the inputs be configured as outputs? Mostly dropping things via usb already recorded how I want without recording it in. Any kind of mods for that? Sending 8 tracks to a LR is tough for live to imagine getting full power on. Mistakenly thought it would be like the Analog RYTM MKII were there are individual outs for everything…
Maybe I’ll have to record it all in individually into computer what I do with octatrack the performance then sell it and dump it all down into something that has 8 outs to have individual stuff for FOH?

just get two octatracks.

5 Likes

What you gotta do-

1. live sample all of your tracks internally
  2. Connect to USB
  3. Drag your recordings into your computer/DAW
2 Likes

Ignatius… thanks for reply. Meaning it’s possible to get four tracks individually out on one octatrack so having 2 I can do total of 8 out?? Guess that would be fun visually being able to focus on 4 per machine…

yeah… i was being kinda flip :wink:

you can only get 4 outs from the OT. I wish it had 8 outs or even 1 adat out.

1 Like

4 mono outs at once*

OR! You could just simultaneously sample all of your internal tracks at once

How long can i record like this in 24 bit, all 8 track at the same time? 8 min?

Without samples in Flex slots, nor recording reserve, nor previous recordings, for 1 recorder :
8m28s 16bit
5m39s 24bit
Divide it by 8 for 8 tracks.

Another solution is to use a linear sequencer to record a midi automation of pattern changes, knobs, scenes, crossfader.
Play it again an record tracks 1 by 1 (or more) internally.

AFAIK @Rusty made a soft that can automate recordings.

I’d say 4 Octatracks, for 8 stereo tracks. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s just terrible! Too short! :frowning:

regarding that Rusty’s software, is it public? do you have any link for it?

Yes, yes I did. It’s basically a mini DAW.

No, not public. Maybe I will release it in a little bit. But before doing so, I want to give it a complete overhaul, add some more stuff and things to it, a few more moonbeams, a few more bunny rabbits.

12 Likes

Oh yes! pls do it! Id pay for it a million monies :wink:

1 Like

Whoa! Have you picked this project back up?!

Oh happy day!

Something along those lines. It’s changed quite a bit…

But there really didn’t seem to be much interest or viability to actually release it, so…

It’s a sad world where people will go on and on about OB4OT but aren’t invested in this project

I don’t think people are disinterested in OctaEdit, more waiting out the results. I have tried to (unsuccessfully) get some kind of demo from Rusty a while ago, and then the project got pulled… I will be one of the first to purchase if it becomes available again, or am I missing something?

1 Like

I for one am just silently waiting for it to become available! Certainly will buy it!

1 Like

Yeah… a bit cheeky wasn’t it!

Why are you wanting to send 8 tracks to FOH individually anyway? You sure you’re not overthinking it? Can’t see any house tech being happy about using 8 DIs, or being willing to mix your tracks to a higher standard than you could on the OT itself. If you really want things separate just group the tracks - use the 4 outs for drums, bass, melodic and vocals or something.

4 Likes

Besides all the workarounds i dont get it how Elektron dont get a solution for OT with overbridge.
If the OT is not prepared for overbridge, make a specific app for OT. Such equipment without a proper integration with DAW/computer is a strong gap period.