Lack of Individual Outputs or Overbridge on OT

Hi All,
I realy miss the possibility to record in separate tracks.
is there a way to overcome this big thing with OT MKII?

thanks

1 Like

personnaly i solo track to record multiple tracks, :hushed:

5 Likes

There’s no difference in that regard between MK1 and MK2 - unfortunately.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a trick someone suggested where they resampled all of their tracks inside the OT and then transferred them over to a DAW via USB.

That’s probably the closest you’ll come to it

2 Likes

OB has never been available for OT and it never will.
If you can’t live without that feature, you have to get one of the newer elektrons… Easy as that, sorry.
I can live with muting tracks and record them one after the other. Or you mix your track inside the OT and record a single stereo file

Its a feature not a bug :rofl:

11 Likes

Because I would like to record long sesions,nin of the it wouldn’t be logic to bounce record tracks individually.
such a shame.

2 Likes

At the risk of asking the obvious why not just record directly into the DAW bypassing the Octatrack altogether?

2 Likes

Sorry but I didn’t understand.
what do you meen by saing bypassing the Octatrack

Since there are no individual outs for all tracks it is simply not possible to overcome the lack of overbridge (virtual individual outs) for all cases.

1. Internal resampling won’t work for longer sessions since you cannot stream to the flash card and resampling would restrict the number of tracks you can use
  2. Recording single tracks (one after the other) works only with static, preprogrammed stuff, but not when you perform in a kind of live way (at least that’s what the machine is built for, isn’t it?

So, no, there is not really a general workaround available, but only quite restricted ones (recording solo tracks with preprogrammed content / internal resampling of 4(?) tracks, but only for a few minutes).

I think he‘s trying to say the OT is not the best tool for what you want to achieve. If that‘s the case I would +1.

I like this… :slight_smile:
What do you mean bypass the Octatrack, does not compute… That’s crazy talk… :smile:

6 Likes

But seriously - who’s gonna make me that magical multi out expansion box for my OT?

THAT I’d pay goooood money for.

5 Likes

I’d seriously love it if after a year Elektron release an update to OTmkii and are like “Surprise! OTmkii now has OB”

5 Likes

Well, its not like Overbridge would be available on the DT/DN either…

3 Likes

I think there’s another thread for you to ‘talk’ about OB in :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still a bit suprised that they didn’t add Overbridge or the new rytm/a4 MK2 layout to octatrack. It really seems that they don’t have time for Octatrack with all the other new devices they released. Even a Digitakt bugfix release took them half a year

If this surprise will pop up , the OT MKII will be the best sampler that was ever made.
small step for Elektron, giant leap for babagali.

2 Likes

Me, too. I always thought that an upcoming MK2 would have it and I’ve delayed the purchase. Was kind of frustrating to hear they had almost nothing changed except buttons and display …

2 Likes

As in not using the Octatrack, use the DAW instead. Perhaps I should ask what it is you are doing with the Octatrack that can’t be done with the DAW though.

Elektron have said that Octatrack mkI or mkII is never going to have Overbridge BTW.

4 Likes