How do I edit a sample not assigned to machine?

If a sample is not in a record buffer, flex or static machine track, how can I bring it up easy in the sample editor?
So far I’ve been using an empty track to temp assign it, then track&edit.

If the sample is in a slot list this is the quickest I believe:

13.1.1 ACCESS FROM THE QUICK ASSIGN MENU Open the QUICK ASSIGN menu by double-clicking a [TRACK] key. In the Flex or Static sample slot list, select the sample you wish to edit and press [FUNC] + [BANK] to open it in the audio editor.

4 Likes

I double-tap the SRC key and go from there.

3 Likes

All roads lead to Rome :wink:

2 Likes

Ok thanks for that.
Not sure why I was stumbling on something so simple.

Also available on the playback setup page. When you press the right arrow from the machine selection from either flex or static and see the slot list, you can scroll through and use function+bank to edit without pressing yes to assign the sample.

2 Likes

or possibly not via this iconic urban planning faux pas from my home town :wink:

7 Likes

I was just making it more complicated than it needed to be with that Yes press!
Cool. Must practice more.

In either of those lists you can also preview the sample with function+yes, or through the cue outputs with cue+yes, if you want to preview before you edit or assign… :slight_smile:
There a “preview without fx” in the personalize menu if you prefer to hear them without the current track fx engaged…

3 Likes

That looks like a nice picnic spot.

2 Likes

Ah you’re from Glasgow! (viva Google reverse image search :wink: )

2 Likes

Bridge to Nowhere.
gallery

4 Likes

Ok thanks for that.
Keep raising the state of human consciousness, it’s all about helping each other on this equal playing field of life <3