How do I do it thread

Great thanks!

Is it better to convert your samples to mono 16bit before you send to Rtym?

Where does the conversion to mono happen? In C6 or on playback on the Rtym (if the latter then it should save space and perhaps processing power if you just prepare the samples before transfer?)

I think the samples are converted on playback. If thatā€™s the case then loading stereo or 24bit files only takes up additional space.

I just tried the new C6 with SDS Handshake and Extended SDS and names are retained!

Iā€™m converting all my samples with Audiofile Engineeringā€™s Sample Manager (brilliant program)

Iā€™m converting all my samples with Audiofile Engineeringā€™s Sample Manager (brilliant program)[/quote]
I think Iā€™ll use SOX ā€¦ free and very quick to create a script to perform custom conversions including add/removing silence at the start and end etc.

Are 24bit files only taking up space? Is it confirmed? Itā€™s rather time consuming to downgrade every 24bit sample.

Input option seems very limited. Is there at least option to PAN left and right signal?

Sysex dump does not include samples if Iā€™m right?

Can different tracks/drums have different step lengths? Ie like the OT?

I have tried to accomplish that as well as double the step tempo and different swing settings with no luck. Thought I saw dataline do it in one of the nam videos but canā€™t find that one either. Now that the manual is out Iā€™ll look more into it.

Found it. Press function + page, then go to advanced and choose a track specific number of steps.

When I go to load a sound, I can flip through the sound pool and the +drive and all I see is kicks and snares. Are there other sound presets somewhere else? Do I have to switch banks somehow?

Iā€™ll add that Iā€™ve tried selecting different tracks, other than kick and snare. Sure itā€™s just user error here. :wink:

Same for meā€¦ Havenā€™t found any elsewhere. Also did a factory reset but still none. Also, if I try to load a preset into a track that doesnā€™t have kick or snare I get an error message. Maybe itā€™s a bug?

Greetings,

How can I copy a scene onto another scene slot ?
I have tried exactly how it says in the manual but with no success .

Random tip that is probably a mo brainer for many: Iā€™ve had good success exporting multiple drum hits as one sample to save space on the sample limit per project, just change start/end per step or track Iā€™m using it on. Also a nice way to cut up vocal snippets w/o having to take up multiple precious sample spaces. Cheers

Crazy way of adding sound locks. Not sure if itā€™s a bug or not. Put the AR into live record mode, then while itā€™s recording open the sample load menu and start flipping through the samples. It will add a sound lock for every file you browse through as the sequencer is running. Does not do this for regular sounds as far as I know.

So has anyone found any other sound presets other than Kick and Snare? Seems a bit strange that there are no saved sounds anywhere on the +drive for hi hats, toms and the others.

Anyone tried samples in chromatic mode? I choose samples to be affected by chromatic in sound menu but the pads doesnā€™t affect the sound. Bug or am I doing something wrong?

You have to turn chromatic on for samples in the sound setup. It threw me off for a bit too.

Iā€™m having trouble deleting the plocks on a track. The manual says you can hold function and no/reload to remove all plocks of a track(When in live record mode), or hold no/reload and then hit the pad but neither work. :neutral_face:

I did have it turned on but didnā€™t work anyway. I found that having the tune parameter of the sample turned all the way up made the chromatic stop working. Having it turned all the way down didnā€™t. Not a big issue but confusingā€¦

I did have it turned on but didnā€™t work anyway. I found that having the tune parameter of the sample turned all the way up made the chromatic stop working. Having it turned all the way down didnā€™t. Not a big issue but confusingā€¦

Perhaps because your sampleā€™s tuning is set to 24, Iā€™ve had the same problem and this was the answer to me.

Did I miss something , or is there no way to audition samples on the +drive atm?

I just uploaded a lot of my Maschine packs and donā€™t know those sample off by heart.

you should be able to do that by pressing function+yes

1 Like