How cold is it?

Hey folks.
It’s like 30 below zero (Farenheit) here in Wisconsin. Of course, last night I went into my studio/workshop and set up my show rig for this weekend, but forgot to bring it home. And now the car won’t start, so I’m stuck at home with no gear and almost no work supplies.

Anybody else having a crazy cold day?

2 Likes

102.2 Farenheit here in New South Wales Australia…

3 Likes

Yeah, heard on the news that it’s crazy, hope it gets better soon! You can get a cold breeze from Sweden. We have 14 below zero (Fahrenheit) right now.

Damn, that’s colder than a Monomachine!

4 Likes

I’m in Northeast Ohio. it’s about -5F, wind chill is -20-ish (-30 earlier). hilarious part is it’ll be 50 on Sunday :laughing:

lol, where have I heard this before…?

5 Likes

back in those days, we used cv/gate! and by god, we were happy to have it! :older_man:

hello to a fellow SF bayer!

1 Like

Exact opposite here in Australia…

1 Like

No, just a normal January:

1 Like

All this Fahrenheit chat and I’m lost… unless it’s 451 and the paper is about to combust then it just feels like a dark art. Even Kelvin is more understandable than this…

2 Likes

Only 45 here in FL, but I’m originally from Chicago and don’t envy my family and friends up there right now.

1 Like

You just need to know that 32 degrees is freezing :slight_smile:

Real cold here! In West Michigan almost all businesses are shut down, I had off work so I made music, shoveled snow, talked stock market with my bro, did power slide turns around corners in my truck for fun.

1 Like

So cold they banned crime :joy:

2 Likes

One of the colder nights this winter in Ireland. A full -4 celsius here :stuck_out_tongue:

The kind of cold where boiling water falls to the ground as snow, and your breath freezes to your face.

2 Likes

And your eyelids freeze shut as your nose freezes almost instantly when you walk outside. It got to -24 last night here in the Chicago area. We were having frost quakes where the ground starts popping because it’s so cold. Woke me up. Crazy shit.

2 Likes

let’s go fieldrecording those popping cracks :smile: Here in Belgium -4 and a bit of snow yesterday

1 Like

-11 F here earlier (Indy)
Worse when wind is factored in.
Tomorrow will be better. Heated blanket helps!