How can I attach 2 devices together?

I’d like to attach 2 boxes together by the side, does anyone know a good way to do this? Thanks!

1 Like

Glue!

2 Likes
  • Go to DIY store.
  • Choose wood.
  • Realise you forgot to measure so get out your phone and type in Octatrack specs.
  • Buy enough to go around the sides, back, and bottom.
  • Track down tacks/small nails
  • Hands are full but it’s ok so long as you made a good choice about what you are listening to before entering the store.
  • Go to till and make random, mood brightening small talk with cashier. Although speed is key to get back to making music quickly, spreading happiness should always come first!
  • Get home and get to work!
  • (Optional) Paint it at a later date

Or use Velcro.
Or get to the heart of the matter and rethink your set up minus the musical score stand.

:wink:

3 Likes

You’d just need a bracket like this, probably one that can be slid to larger to smaller sizes. Stick some sticky feet on the insides to stop the boxes getting damaged.

To be clear, one that would span both boxes, the won’t go anywhere then. Maybe downwards to the floor if whatever base you have isn’t strong enough.

I’d open one (maybe MnM first) to check if you can screw from inside. Use 2 screws if possible. M3 screws, not too long, 10 mm or less.

1 Like

I wouldn’t attach them using the side panels. Put a long base that is underneath both and do it from underneath.

Attaching them in the middle will eventually lead to the being folded up by accident ( and bending the case / damaging it a lot ).

2 Likes

I have velcro on the bottom of my Digitakt and Digitone so I can attach them to a pedalboard type thing

2 Likes

…can’t recommend any solution to make them one piece just on their own…

apart from one customized case around them overall…or at least one solid layer underneath…

Glue? Duck tape? Taking cases apart and seeing if you can add vesa mount points. Taking cases apart and welding them together

Do something that doesn’t cosmetically wreck either one. ( I wouldn’t weld anything to anything )
VESA mounting each one in close proximity to each other could be good

Duct tape. :slight_smile: