How are you using scenes during your live set?

After a few months with the RYTM, I finally feel comfortable exploring scenes a bit more in depth…

How are you using scenes in your live sets?
How do you use them for transitioning between patterns vs. using them within a pattern for FX, rises, drops, etc etc.

I mostly make techno so I’d love to hear how others use it for this, but of course anything is welcome!

1 Like

I’ve set a load up for my first live show for about 5 years.

The Rytm is great and with the House/Techno/Electro I make just sounds so warm and good, with all the voices going through a nice filter.

When I use it alone it’s great and I think I may get the MIDI Fighter Twister to open up more control, but on Friday I’m using it as mainly back up in with a load of other synths. It sounds great but not noticed the changes I programmed in terms of mutes/zero volumes on certain other tones (so I don’t have to do finger gymnastics on the mute page) aren’t as noticeable as when I’m focusing on the Rytm alone.

Ultimately it’ll break down into just scenes(where I also add delays to sharper sounds when others are cut/muted) then switch pattern using some synth tails as a bridge and into a pared back version of the next track, with scenes in place.

For me it’s replacing a lot of my MPC 1000 and TR-707 duties, with the Digitone pulling the rest of the weight with it’s own tones, and sequencing external analogue gear.

1 Like