How are we called as a group?

Gearwigglers?

1 Like

After reading these answers. I agree.
IMO we finally reached not only the state of being totally monitored everywhere outside and at home, but also that Orwell kind of newspeak has entered our language.
So worse, that ppl even need a term to group themselves and even force others to follow that Terminology. What an effed up humankind we areā€¦

Orwellers it is then.

1 Like

in regards to humans who group themselvesā€¦ hasnā€™t that always been the case , since the beginning of human kind ?

I think so. And if anyone of those DAW guys shows up make sure to hit them right in the head with your Model:Samples Battery Handle Pack Thingie :wink:

ā€¦or dunno, maybe offer them a beer and just jam together?

Or build a wall :wink:

The great modular wall? Seems like they already started building itā€¦

On a serious note, apologies if the thread was actually intended to be a serious question, itā€™s just that whenever I tried to tell people what I do, Iā€™d usually say ā€œI make music with a computer!ā€ Otherwise not much success there^^

Itā€™s already hard enough amongst other musicians to explain what Iā€™m doing, let alone people that are not involved in any kind of music making.
I remember when this guy from a (I think it was a kind of metal band) told me: ā€œYouā€™re not making music, youā€™re just moving loops around on your screen!ā€ He totally didnā€™t get that I actually recorded the stuff, that I arranged there on my screenā€¦
Once I got into am argument over the term ā€œproducerā€.

So, sorry if I didnā€™t take the need to find a term that fits hardware-based music production seriously.

Iā€™ve always felt that the way we make music (be it in a DAW or by sequencing lots of hardware) makes us more like composers than musicians or producers.
Also, in performing our work live, we become conductors, in the classical sense.

2 Likes

Nowadays I like to say ā€œIā€™m the guy who just presses play or recā€ :troll:

DJs jusā€™ press play
engineers jusā€™ press rec

My gf calles it ā€œbanging on keys and buttonsā€ (translation from finnish word ā€œnaputtaaā€)ā€¦ hmm or maybe a better translation could be ā€œclackingā€? :sunglasses:

Conductors! Ļƒ=JE

i am a plinky plonker

1 Like

I am the operator with my pocket synthesizer.

The only right answer to a silly question

resonates with my gf who refers to my efforts as ā€˜making bleeps & bloops againā€™ (:

A great modular wallā€¦theres a big collective art project in there somewhere.

Reminds me of Pink Floyd somewhere, and Berlin, iā€™d rather stay autonomous than become ā€˜eenheidsworstā€™, that translates somewhere along the line of ā€˜one-size-fits-allā€™ (no pun intended)

geenheidsworst

1 Like

Tweaker is already taken by people thatā€¦ ummā€¦ Well -

Might get my post blanked out, but just trying to help.
Be careful calling yourself that :expressionless:

Loved your comment by the way :joy:

geenheidsworst would be a cool name for it.

okay, okay iā€™ll play nice. THE INDULGED?
2019-07-30%2019_39_09-Window

1 Like