How are we called as a group?

As a multi-instrumentalist who has had several bands fall apart due to attitudes, alcohol and general lack of respect for practice/shows while trying to cat-herd a bunch of egos…

Call me “Lucky”

I discovered electronic music machines (mainly Elektrons) and have had much more time to make/play music than ever before… all by myself!!

3 Likes

P-Lockaz

18 Likes

Please accept my resignation. I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member.

12 Likes

oh no, I was going to vote for you to be our club president :nerd:

2 Likes

old guys with expendable cash

5 Likes

-Midi junkies
-Neutrik Jack pluggers
-knob wigglers

Perhaps “the group” itself isn’t taken!
From now on we are the group.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Sounds very Cyberpunk! I like it

1 Like

groucho_marx_in_duck_soup

2 Likes

All these tales of our being old fools with too much money …

You could instead buy a decent set of golf clubs, bag, caddy trolley, lifetime supply of balls and a club membership for 20 years including entrance fees for a mere £60k or so

Yet we waste our money on music gear … we’re cursed by having more imagination than the average pleb who can’t think of a better idea of what to do with their time

4 Likes

GAS bags.

9 Likes

Gastronomie! I think you’re onto something

3 Likes

Big ol Poo Poo Brains.

1 Like

A lot of people spend a lot of money on nice cars, nice homes, trendy clothing, ect. Some blow their money on anything & everything… or blow their money on drugs…

I like to spend my money on things that bring me happiness. Yea, I NEED a car & a home, but a really nice car & a really nice home won’t bring me a lot of happiness. Playing on my hardware all night brings me loads of happiness!! & fun!!!

8 Likes

Not old and not rich :wink:

2 Likes

Very well said @Sharris !

All my co workers spend their money on expensive Nikes and Adidas shoes, Supreme backpacks, and high end vehicles. I’ve been rocking the $40 Kohl’s cheapo Nike SBs and still driving a 2000 model vehicle. I won’t knock anybody for what they spend their money on, but some of these things seems so overpriced. They would probably say the same if at told them how much I spend on my Machinedrum UW MK 2. Hah

4 Likes

I think if some people started adding up the amounts they spend on beer, wine, liquor, a nice night out, a “treat yo’ self” shopping spree or meal, a Moog Voyager might seem reasonable. :smile:

8 Likes

GAStronomers!

1 Like

GAStronauts. … as the late Keith Floyd might have put it.

3 Likes

Just to dispell some oldfashioned stereotypes…

Those bags are full of volcas!

10 Likes