How are people liking the Model: Samples?

As an M:C user I’m surprised to find that this feature from the M:C is not on the M:S

But is it not the same algorithm?

hopefully it’s on the way

1 Like

If you upgrade from M:S to DT.
Is it possible to import M:S patterns/projects into Digitakt?

No, it is not possible.
The only thing compatible between the two is the .wav file format.

3 Likes

thanks

1 Like

This nice guy really love Model:Samples

4 Likes

hrm, still love my M:C dearly but I’ve been a little blasé on my M:S as of late. Is it because I’m using drum samples and not digging the filter much? I may also not be able to manipulate the sound as much as I’m used to.

I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just skip the Digitakt and either go full OTmkii or possibly replace it with an A4mkii. (I do have a Rytm already, it’d be my better option if not.)

People who’re digging theirs as of late, what do you find fun about it? Do you use more melodic samples? Loops? Abstract noise?

Maybe my samples just suck :stuck_out_tongue:

I have the Digis and a MS. I hadn’t been using my MS much since I got my Digis, but when I got it out I remembered why I loved it in the first place and how its weight, size, and price make it a great option to take to any risky environment. Risky could be a multitude of things. It’s great for travel, road trips, camping, or outdoor music based meditation. I’m wanting to grab a MC next even though I love my Digitone. I love having a Digitakt and a MS. Plus, just to have the sequencer is worth the price of admission as they say.

3 Likes

M:S + KRK Rokit 5 G3 + AT M40x = my setup. I sold everything on purpose and left only this set of tools. M:S allows me to implement everything I know how to do. An incredibly cool budget box for undemanding musicians like me. My entire music world fit into a 1Gb sample pack. This is really the minimalism I was aiming for.

7 Likes

I’ve had a lot of fun with my M:S, and after years of trying off-and-on with various pieces of hardware and software, it led to me finally being able to program drum patterns the way I hear them in my head. At least, as close as I’ve ever gotten.

That being said, I think I’m about to get a M:C and old Roland module as I’ve started to favor FM and PCM sounds for my drums. I don’t get a whole of joy out of using samples for my beats so the idea is to reimagine my M:S as a melodic box, and then use the M:C for drums/bass/sequencing in tandem with a JV-1010 or SoundCanvas unit maybe. Or a JD-Xi. Dunno yet.

(Un)Luckily, my gear budget right now is $0, so while I save up maybe there’ll be some more info about the Korg Drumlogue or a new Model:X.

I loved the M:S from the get go but it took some playing & working through things (my first Elektron box) to find a workflow. Never that interested in it as a drum machine (stereo out limitation mostly) I was using the sequencer with four tracks midi sequencing my modular voices and two the internal samples and running all six into the daw on seperate audio ins. Recently using wavetables has completely changed my method & use all six tracks with WT sample melodies modulated with the LFO and sending CC modulations in from the daw. It’s so complex and full timbrally that it’s very easy to build full pieces with massive tone variation

4 Likes

Hrm, maybe i’ll give that a shot.

I’ve been trying to use it like a drum sample player and can’t get enough variation to be happy.

Does anyone have a 1010 Blackbox and a Model:Samples? I’ve been debating replacing my M:S, but also i can potentially just upgrade to a Digitakt again since the recent firmware upgrade.

If you liked the m:s and upgrade to DT you can’t be wrong

don’t sleep on the Model Samples, the MS is a stone cold classic… buy two!!!

Hey, do you happened to know if projects saved in msprj format from MS in my computer can be loaded to Digitakt? Also, can I use Transfer1.4 to save projects together with samples from Digitakt to PC?

I think I remember reading that it couldn’t possibly work because of differences in architecture in the Model:samples and Digitakt. I’m positive this was discussed either in the thread about transfer 1.4 or else in the two related firmware threads that kicked off at about the same time.

E.g. this Transfer 1.4 upgrade - #76 by AdamJay

1 Like