How: AK joystick to control FX parameters?

Trying to setup AKs joystick to control FX parameters… It doesn’t work!!! Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Help please!

Hit the ‘Sound’ button and next go into ‘Settings’.

Go down until you see:

‘Pitch bend’ and that is your Joystick left and right.

Next you can assign ‘Modulation Wheel’ - which is Joystick up.

‘Breath Controller’ - which is joystick down.

In each one of those you can set up to 5 values and you will find FX under the ‘Amp’ catagory.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks… I just set it up using your method, but the joystick does not affect the FX parameters. Just like when I set it up through OB. The effects are just static… I’m thinking there must be a global setting. None of my presets actually save the FX parameters either, just the basic patch. Global setting issue or something else?!

Any ideas guys?

Can you guys control FX parameters with your joystick?

yes you can!
I believe you are editing FX joystick assignement (after pressing FX track button) but you are not actually focusing on the FX track…if you move the joystick, does it move on the screen?
If not you should press a second time on FX track button to be sure it gets focused.

Normally, while you play a sound, say, on Tr.1 and you press FX track button to edit some parameters, you are still be able to play the Tr.1 sound. This way you are looking at FX parameter on the screnn but not actually playing (focusing) FX track…infact you can see the Tr.1 button is not green but stays dimmed red.
Hope this makes sense
sorry if I got the long route, but my English sucks…

2 Likes

are you speaking about SOUNDS or KITS?
FX settings are saved within a KIT and never related to a SOUND patch

Oh!!! So the FX are a separate track altogether? Didn’t realize I have to play them separately.

THANK YOU for clearing that out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your post just saved me an hour+ of messing around trying to get this to work. Thanks!

1 Like

thought id bump this one instead of making a new thread…

is it possible to have fx mappings playable when a synth track has the focus? i know it’s a separate track and can be played that way, but i’d like to use some fx modulation with the joystick when playing a synth track (set to 4 voices)

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but FX are global, not per sound. So if you have some joystick move mapped to increase the reverb decay, for example, it’ll do that regardless of which Track is currently active and the result will impact all Tracks that are sending their signal to reverb.

Thanks for the input. Thats what id like to do! Ive been attempting to use the joystick’s modulation and breath controls (assigned to delay time and chorus width in the fx mappings) so that they work when playing the synth tracks but that doesn’t seem to be possible - the fx don’t modulate unless I’m on the fx track… but then i cant play any notes…!?

Just had a play around with this and I now see what you mean. It looks like it’s not possible to modulate the FX while live playing the keyboard. It does work with the sequencer, though. Thinking about the overall architecture, I guess it does make sense why it’s like that, but it’s still a bummer.

You could play the tracks with a midi controller keyboard while having the fx track controlled by the joystick or play the tracks from the AK‘s keyboard and use a midi controller for the fx parameters.
The latter is probaply the better aproach^^

Maybe a small midi controller (preferable with encoders so you can use parameter feedback) mapped to all fx parameters that you regularly use would be a solution.

The Midi Fighter Twister has Encoders and fits that little emtpy space on the AK.