Triplicate post

The problem:
I’m playing chords with 2 to 4 notes in them in one MIDI file on the A4MK2 and listening via the four separate channels in Ableton (via Overbridge). No matter which “Voice Allocation Method” I choose the low/middle/high notes get swapped around to different voices making impossible to mix each note as they swap around between voices.

The solution:
I’d rather not have to separate all my chords into separate MIDI files to send out to different MIDI channels, it would be easier if voices could be allocated by pitch. Wouldn’t it be practical to always have the lowest note go to voice 1, the second lowest to voice 2 and the highest to voice 3 etc (more or less)? Would someone tell me why that wouldn’t be possible and/or very useful?

An example of chords in Ableton (fully quantised with no overlapping notes):

Thanks!

This got asked the other day:

Personally, I don’t think it’s possible. You can always play a lower note than the current chord, but the current chord could already be using the “low” channel, and the new lowest note will have to come from a channel you’d expected to be for high notes.

2 Likes

Yeah I assumed there would be quirks in the engineering of it, but I mean, I wouldn’t be trying to trick it by chucking in a wild card lower note haha, if I did I wouldn’t be mad if it played a lower note elsewhere.

That’s why I shared a pic of the midi file, every chord has clear low, mid, high notes so a mode designed for these kinda midi files would be incredibly useful to me.

And yeah that post before was from my old account before I changed username. It said it got removed so I wanted to post again. I’m well aware there may be technical obstacles I’m not aware of with it.

If you keep asking the exact same question and generating admin the account may be removed let alone the post ! If the question exists (literally)exactly as you have reposted it wrongly twice(now) then there is no need to ask again.

See the site guidelines.

This should have been obvious the first time your topic was closed.