Hot Science Live 7/14/17 | 1st Digitakt gig!

Yo! Had my first gig with the Digitakt last night… smooth as butter and no crashes! Guest starring JX-03, 0-Coast, Bitrazer and Volca FM. Check it out!

8 Likes

The various drums sound weighty and crisp… are they primarily samples sequenced on the Digitakt? …any drum machine (synth) used here? How do you finalize (compression/mastering) the whole thing?

Yup all drum samples, no drum synths. Most of the set I used a Kick sample from the PO-12… so good at cutting through the mix. The rest are just samples from various places I collected over the years. I recorded live into a zoom h4n and mastered in Ableton afterwards using T-racks plugins. The club has one of the best sound guys/system in town so the final output live sounded amazing. I should have recorded off his board rather than mine but oh well :slight_smile:

1 Like

it sounds really good… i dig some of the more pronounced S(?)RR sounds that appear later in the set… sparingly used, it sounds rad- warped like that.

1 Like

Cactus club has the best sound system in Milwaukee for them smaller gigs. I had my mpc 4000 jacking in that place. I bet this sounded mad dope. Props

1 Like

I really enjoyed this, listened to it through the morning while doing some chores and taking care of my youngest. He seemed to like it too, all smiles through the set :slight_smile: it’s refreshing to hear something more funky here, I do enjoy the pumping stuff that many puts out but all the same, musical variation is a treat and I believe today’s contribution from you added to the palette in a very good way. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great stuff man, thanks for posting. Way different stylistically from what I generally listen to and you totally won me over. You’da had me dancing :slight_smile:

If you feel like it, I’d be curious to listen back to spots where your Roland, Makenoise and Volca had standout moments, just so I can tell how you’re using them. I’m always interested in how gear gets used in context.

1 Like

is this multiple projects or one ? , lots of vocal samples likely to eat up space …
lots of varied sounds …nice :slight_smile:

1 Like