Hollow justifications for buying gear

“I need two of them, for reasons of symmetry”

3 Likes

i’m considering second Nova Laptop for the reasons of backup.
because sometimes old hardware dies.

1 Like

this time I wont get ripped off buying from the guy I’ve never met and have no means to get back my money

what do I do with all this Op-1 money

4 Likes

I bought two digitakts because, you know, one day this will be old hardware.

1 Like

i would buy 2 digitones, if i could )) maybe someday.

2 Likes

Damn… now you got me started - I can‘t buy an AH because it‘d destroy my desk symmetry but I haven‘t thought about getting two

(okay … now serious question: would it make any sense to have two AHs - one for DT and one for DN and feed them into the OT?)

1 Like

Just trying to help here, two asymmetrical objects side by side are not symmetrical.
:thinking::fist:t3:

But, you know, fcuk it anyway :+1:t3:
When you put them 180 it’s another story… :joy:

1 Like

symmetry is not always good.
trust me, i’m a drummer :wink:

1 Like

I was going to make a lame joke about offloading mine in a flash if prices climbed high enough to pay for an OB-6 but then I saw this…

3 Likes

20 bids? No.

No. No. No. No. No.

(I used to have an OP-1- but sold it(for not even 1/10th of that…)

It’s listed as brand new so I guess it’s speculators taking a punt on it being worth even more in 5-10+ years. The used ones are slightly more sensible, though twice the price on US eBay compared to the UK for some reason.

1 Like

I was using ableton saturator the last few months, but I was at my friend Harleys house in LA (he has all kinds of music equipment). He told me about analog heat and I just got one yesterday! I can’t really tell the difference from ableton saturator, but it sure looks cool on my desk!!

6 Likes

Welcome to the void… :joy:

1 of 1
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I was going to keep mine but at these prices it would be insane to not grab the $. It would be funny if the buyer ends up getting just that black op-1 box :sweat_smile:

In that case, I wish for the mk2 solely based on the consequence of foolish investment. $16k for a digital instrument… silly

“Why pay $700 for a mk2 when you could pay THOUSANDS for a mk1?!”

5 Likes

It’s definitely a different beast to the siblings. Sustain for days, saturated tone… :drooling_face: Perfect for White Stripes/Morphine/TwinPeaks vibes.

1 Like

watched hours of videos about OP-1, looked into its manual, but never managed to understand what is all this hype about.